Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, July 25, 2013

Good for my heart.

friend
1. A person whom one knows, loves, and trusts.

Last night I got time to be with one of my dear sweet friends whom I have not gotten to see in quite some time, and to be quite honest it has felt like a little piece of me has just been missing something.  When you get to see someone almost every day and multiple times in one day... you get kinda spoiled. and your heart hurts a little when the only communication you have with them is through text messages and phone calls... at least for right now in this season of life.   Do not get me wrong, I absolutely love those two things very much, and it has kept me connected at the heart with my sweet friend. but I need to see my sweet friend face to face and hug her neck.  Well last night that is exactly what I got to do with my sweet friend.  Hug her neck.  Eat some sushi.  Relax. Have a glass of Wine.  and Talk until the restaurant kicked us out. and then keep talking outside the restaurant until you realize you have 10 missed calls on your phone and multiple texts because the hubby is worried about where you are at since our dinner date started at 7pm and it is now 11pm at night. oops... for the phone being on silent! sorry I am not sorry.  The time that I had with my sweet friend for over four hours was well worth it and just what I needed. to be honest I could have used more time with her... there were so many more things we needed to talk about... but more than anything it was the time of truly being with her in person that I loved more than anything. but I will hold onto all the things I wanted to keep talking about because I know there will be a next time. very. very. soon. with my sweet friend.

There is just something about sitting with a sweet friend and talking about everything under the sun.  It does my heart good. It encourages me. and in the end it brings me peace... because the prayer of a friend is something that just cannot be explained.

As I get older I find myself needing that me time with my sweet friends more and more.  I need to bounce ideas off of them. and get their advice. and have them pray for me.  my heart just needs it because after those sweet moments I always feel better and encouraged.  But more than anything, as I get older I am realizing that God has truly blessed me with such wonderful friends whom I can call my sisters.  Without them I would not be the person I am... they just make me be a better me.

So, even though yesterday was crazy and the week has been hard, my time last night with my sweet sister friend was exactly what the doctor ordered.  I came home feeling fulfilled. and encouraged. it was just so good for my soul.

Lord, thank you for placing sweet sister friends in my life whom I can be myself with. laugh with. cry with. love fully. receive encouragement from. and give love and encouragement to.  They are all so precious to me.

For today I am grateful. and thankful. and counting my blessings that I have such  sweet sister friends who walk with me every day through the good and bad. that right there is true friendship love. 


Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times..."

No comments:

Post a Comment