Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life is a B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l journey!

My best friend started blogging so I guess you can say I was "inspired!"

Looking back on this past year, I have had many "changes" but so many moments of grace... all I can do is be grateful for the memories I have and the and life experiences that have allowed me to grow.

Lets see... I never thought I would have made it when my best friend left TCU.. then she had wonderful wedding bliss, and now is happily married with the greatest bundle of Joy.. Ava who brings pure JOY to my heart. It is so amazing watching my best friend be such a great wife and mom... I have alot to learn from her and hope I can be as great as a wife to Reagan as she is to her husband! Through my relationship with my best friend.. I learned how to be a better best friend and to smile through the tears... there is GOOD in every situation. "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go... we take a little of each other with us."

Then, just a couple months ago my highschool sweetheart and boyfriend of almost 4 years proposed to me the Friday of Easter weekend! I had no idea it was coming.. I definately thought it was going to be in May on my birthday... boy did he have me fooled! He proposed at this great little italian restaurant in Fort Worth. He sang to me.. and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, it was so beautiful and all I could do was say "YES!" through tears of joy and complete shock!! After the engagement, he then surprised me even more and had both of our families and friends waiting at our pastors house for a surprise engagement party! It was such a shock to me when my dad opened the door.. I was freaking out because I had been trying to call them and tell them the great news!!I am truly blessed to have found a man like Reagan, he is my best friend and I am so excited to have him in my life. I look forward to being married and embarking on a new journey with him. :)

Throughout this past year, I have really learned life is not black and white... there are beautiful shades of grey. It's like that song by Miley Cyrus.. she makes a great point.. it's all about the climb. No matter how many times we fall down, we should smile at the strength we have to get back up and fight the battle. My favorite verse comes to mind... Philippians 4:13.
Thats my life in a nutshell right now... Extremely happy, looking forward to the future, and blessed for the life experiences that have allowed me to love and grow in ways I did not know were possible.

"Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment