WOW! Reagan and I cannot believe 2011 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy fun year and we cannot wait to see what 2012 has in-store for us! Here are the top TEN things we want to remember from 2011:
1) We celebrated One Year of Marriage... A rough first year, but it was worth it all to be on the journey of getting closer with each other.
2) I graduated from TCU!! Go Frogs!! It was a crazy ride while there, but I am so glad that I graduated with a bachelors of child development... wouldn't have it any other way!
3) We moved from Mansfield to San Antonio. This was bitter-sweet... We hated to be leaving all our sweet friends, but were very excited for the new chapter of our lives to begin in San Antonio.
4) Reagan started a new job as a oil and gas equipment salesman and has loved every minute of his job... he is amazing at it and it is great to see him smile!
5) I was given the opportunity to work with an incredible elementary school and work along side such a wonderful Godly lady. I have met so many great people on this journey and I wouldn't change loving on the sweet kids in our class for a second!
6) We found a church that we are proud to call our church home. Through Crossbridge, God is showing us what we need in a church right now and that is so comforting. Excited to be joining and becoming members in 2012!
7) I started an amazing bible study on Wednesday nights with an incredible group of women. I do not know what I would do without these ladies... we have laughed, cried and rejoiced with each other. Cannot wait to see what God has in-store for this group of ladies for 2012!
8) The large forest fire that occurred in San Antonio because of the drought (literally behind our townhouse in the field) caused us to evacuate for hours... so scary and made our townhouse smell like a burning fire pit for days!
9) All the dinners we have had with family and the events we have been able to be apart of has been incredible. So glad we are back in San Antonio and able to make such wonderful memories with our families.
10) My dad fell from a 12ft ladder this Friday, December 30th while trying to trim a branch in my parent's backyard. He shattered the bones and joints in his right arm/wrist and had to have a 5 1/2 hour surgery today to put all the pieces back together. This is not a happy memory but definitely how we ended this year. We spent all today in the hospital (with our incredible closest friends and family) praying for him and the surgeons to have the wisdom they needed. The doctors feel that the metal plates, screws and metal bars that were placed in his arm/wrist should help the healing process to begin. I am just so blessed to have my dad here with us today, because I know the accident could have been so much worse. 2012 will bring physical therapy for him and wearing a cast for several months. Tears come to my eyes knowing that God and my dad's guardian angels were watching over him when he fell and that I get to spend another year with my dad... praying for full recovery as we bring in the New Year.
This year has been great and we cannot wait to see what God has in-store for 2012.
We hope everyone has a blessed beginning to 2012!
"The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!'" -- Lamentations 3:22-24
Easter Table Ideas
18 hours ago