Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Love Christmas Break

The perk to working in the education system is having a holiday break just like the kids.  It is so nice to have these weeks to just unwind and not have a strict schedule to live by!  It has been nice to not have to wake up to an alarm, sleep as late as I would like and just enjoy the time off... oh and study for my certification test... the time is coming... January 3rd is right around the corner-- please keep praying for me and this test and that I will pass on the first try!

So our Christmas break has been packed to the brim thus far.  We started off in Nebraska, where there was no snow yet again this year (I must be bad luck).  It was nice to spend time with Reagan's mom, step dad and little sisters... these two are the perfect age to Love Christmas... it was so great to see their child like excitement.  We flew back on Christmas day (which was definitely not my favorite thing)... it was a long day of flying and I was exhausted by the time we made it back to San Antonio.  Though, it was nice to hug my family and to see how excited they were to have us back.

Once we got back on Christmas day, my family had cooked a big dinner for us and Reagan's dad, step mom and brothers came too.  It was nice just to visit and relax after a long day of flying.  After dinner we opened presents -- man we were spoiled this year!  We all got some amazing and thoughtful gifts!

To end our Christmas celebrations, last night we had dinner at Reagan's Nana's house.  She is such a good cook and it is so great to see her face light up when she has us all over.  This year, she decided that she did not want to give us money, but to buy personal gifts for all of us.  It was so great to see the smile on her face when we opened our gifts because she really enjoyed shopping for us that much!!  I loved that she got me my personalized necklace that I created off Etsy... she did a wonderful job!

We are glad the celebrations of Christmas are over, and we are excited to see what the New Year will bring... I cannot believe 2012 is just around the corner... does not even seem possible.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family... there is so much to be grateful for.

OH... and there are tons of pictures to come!!  I received a wonderful high tech camera from my hubby for Christmas so I am becoming the photog princess.. so I took pictures galore! Love it!

Before I forget (sorry for the long post) -- PLEASE PRAY for Reagan's aunt.  She is in ICU and has pneumonia, but they also think a bacteria has entered into her blood stream and is causing her to have very high fevers and she experienced a 20 minute seizure last night.  Please pray that the doctors will have wisdom to understand what is attacking her body, that her children and family will feel the Peace of the Lord at this scary time, and that God will provide a divine health miracle in her circumstance, and will bring her back to good health.   Thank you for the prayers in advance... they are much appreciated!

"Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.  Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments he pronounced." -- 1 Chronicles 16:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment