Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, November 3, 2011

Real World?!

Let me just say, lately there are many days that I wish I could go back to college.  Where life was so good and the only thing to stress me out was studying for tests (which at times I probably would not want to go back to taking tests because they definitely had a way with stressing me out).  Looking back now I loved college and learning-- the tests were the only down side (the time it took to study was a pain in my butt)!!!  But, I loved learning from incredible professors at TCU, seeing my friends everyday, sleeping in and honestly not having a care in the world but going to class and turning in stuff on time... it was the life.  If people would have told me how crazy the real world was, I would have enrolled in graduate school right after college.  Now do not get me wrong... having a job is wonderful, but I am just having to learn a lot of new things and how to handle different situations with people.  The real world is fun but it is definitely not easy.  Also, being in the real world my interests continue to be sparked and I cannot decide for the life of me what I should be doing for the rest of my life (besides becoming a mommy one day).  Being with kids every day makes me wonder if teaching is my life calling or if the other things I am finding so interesting that involve working with kids is what I am supposed to do... honestly this is the question of my LIFE and I think my husband is coming to a point where he is tired of talking about it and just wants me to Pick Something... Anything... Already and just pursue it!  Honestly, I have asked God this question several times this week-- if it is bad that my heart has so many passions and so many things I would love to do to help kids and their families... I have not heard a "No" yet, so I am taking that as a good sign; all I can say is that I am passionately in love with working with kids and families... whatever capacity that is, I hope God reveals it to me soon.

So that is life... and it is crazy, and hectic and sometimes I just wish I could set the alarm clock to go back to college... the days when life was easy and tons of fun!  But, I do not think that God wanted me to stay there for forever because I am on information overload from Him already and I am only in my first semester of the real world... I better buckle up tight because I have a feeling God has a lot more to show me and there are a lot more lessons I need to learn!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thursday! YAY for tomorrow being Friday... if only y'all could really experience my excitement... I am Elated!! :) The weekend could not come soon enough!


"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment