Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Things that I Love

So today I have been thinking about all the things I love and my heart is just a little overwhelmed and overflowing-- God has blessed me so much and I am forever grateful.  There are definitely things in life (little and big) that make me smile a real/true smile.  So today that is where my head and heart is... So without further waiting... Here are some of the things I love!

I love the way that my husband loves me and that his hugs can pretty much fix anything-- whether I am happy or sad it is the comfort of his arms that makes me feel safe while here on this Earth.

I love that my Heavenly Father is gracious and merciful and that He spoke to me so much through the One and a million bible study I just finished with my ladies women's group.  WOW is all I can say-- it was an incredible journey that God is definitely not finished with.

I love that the ladies in my group are real genuine women who go through every day life and try their best to seek after the Lord and have a pure and humble heart-- it makes my heart smile because my prayer before moving here is that I could find women to plug in with that loved the Lord and I have definitely found that with this group of Ladies! I love them all and am so grateful for having the opportunity to meet them all.

I love long hot showers and bubble baths.. silly I know but such a wonderful way to end the day.

I love a good book.  It is my way of winding down and passing the time with something I love to do. Nothing makes me more content than sitting down and becoming consumed in a book that I just cannot put down! Any good book suggestions you have please tell me -- I am always looking for a new good book!

I love a good long and hard workout -- it makes my body feel so much better afterwards and I feel as if I accomplished something... working out for me now has definitely gained a new perspective than it once was for me... it is all about trying to be healthy now and content with who God made me to be.. definitely a work in progress each day!

I love working with Laura (my pre-k sidekick) and just the pure joy and laughter she brings me each day and her love for the Lord is so incredible... without her I am not sure I would love teaching as much as I do today.  I also love the smiles and hugs on our sweet kids faces... it is absolutely priceless and I would not change meeting those sweet children for the world.

I love family dinners now that we are back in San Antonio.  The dinners are good for my soul and make me even more grateful for the family we have.  I love living close-- my heart is definitely content in that area!

I love pretty clothes and shoes (which I could definitely do without) -- BUT... nothing is more fun than getting dressed up for a date night with your man :)

I love sleeping... I could go to bed early and sleep late -- my body loves sleep!!!  (I am still not sure if this is a good or bad thing.. we shall see when we have kids one day-- my body may hate me... HAHA!)

I love candles and the smell they bring... especially the pumpkin cinnamon ones we have right now... DELICIOUS!  Seriously, it is the small things like this that I take for granted!

I love fall and the changing of the leaves (do not see that too much in Texas, but I still love the cold weather we get... eventually!)

I love that we have found a church that we both love and that the pastor brings the word of God each Sunday.  It is so comforting knowing that we feel God has brought us to a place that could be our church home -- it is so exciting and so many emotions rolled into one.. relying on God each step of the way.

I love cuddling with my husband after a long day-- doing nothing but just relaxing with each other.. it makes me so grateful for the times when there is nothing to do.

I love cooking.. it has become even more fun for me since we have moved to San Antonio.  I love making yummy healthy things and getting to enjoy dinner while talking to Reagan about our days-- definitely something I am catching up on since I missed those dinners all last year!

I love puppies/ dogs/ four legged furry cute friends. I want a dog so bad.  A small little one... that I can cuddle and love. I need one and I hope Reagan gets the picture sooner or later, or I just may go out and buy a dog and bring it home and say, "SURPRISE!!" ;) But seriously... I want a dog!

I love sweet new friends.  They warm my heart and I love the journey of getting to know new people.. such a sweet time of learning all about each other and where we have been!  It is so amazing to see how God is bringing so many new and incredible people into my life... I can only sit back and be amazed at how God is answering prayers that I felt were never really spoken but hidden within my heart... My Lord truly amazes me!

I love friendships that have been forever and lasted through thick and thin.  I love the familiarity of them and just how they make my heart overflow with pure joy... without these sweet friends I honestly do not know where I would be... God knew I would need amazingly sweet and bold friends like this in my life.

More than anything, I love what God is doing in my life right now.  I love that life is not all "roses" and that I am having to walk through difficult things/situations with people, but that God is teaching me new things about me along the way.  I am in a growing season of my life and for the first time ever I am excited to see where this journey may lead, and what kind of person I will be once I have walked through this journey... I am embracing who God is needing to mold me into.  I am coming to a place where I can feel God's hand in this journey and His Word is bringing me more comfort than I could have ever fathomed.  I am in a place where God is growing me leaps and bounds and I am loving the triumphs and tribulations I am having to walk thru to better learn how to overcome these obstacles so that I can be a better me that God needs me to be.

"Life is such a beautiful gift that we must stop and thank the Lord for all the blessings (big and small) that He has given to us."

No comments:

Post a Comment