Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, October 17, 2011

Falling on my knees in Prayer

Wow, I do not even know where to begin, today has just been one of those days.
Two big things are weighing so heavy on my heart tonight.

The first thing is for my mom's sweet friend and her family.  I found out this afternoon that her 5 month old beautiful baby boy (their only child) stopped breathing while at the sitters and passed away this afternoon.  My heart hurts for this family and the only thing that brings me comfort is knowing that sweet innocent child is safe in the arms of my Savior.  I wish there were words I knew to say to this family, but I am at a complete loss for words -- there are no words to say to comfort a sweet family who lost their little boy so unexpectedly and suddenly.  Please just pray for this family and that God's peace and love would overwhelm them at this time of utter sadness. I know that God will provide all that they need if we lift them up to Him.

Psalm 34:18, “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

Psalm 18:1-2a, “I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in 
whom I take refuge.”

The second big thing is I think I may have found/stumbled up an opportunity to apply for a practicum program this summer that could allow me to apply for an internship that I have wanted to do for quite sometime, but did not know that the opportunity could be available for me once we moved to San Antonio.  The crazy thing is that the practicum (would be first) and internship (would come second -- and would have to apply for this after I am accepted into the practicum) only accepts three people for the summer practicum and 2 people for the internship... so I have to outshine a lot of people to be picked... WOW that scares me in and of itself -- that is just intense!!  I know that if this is God's plan for me to do the practicum this summer that it will definitely happen, but it is scary for me as I begin to pray about it because I will be putting all my efforts into one place.

Oh yes... and on top of applying for this practicum I will also be studying to take my teaching certification so that I can still have that certification done and under my belt-- yes I know you all think I am crazy... I just LOVE kids so much, what can I say?! So my prayer is that as I seek wisdom from God for whether or not I should submit all the information needed to be evaluated for the practicum that I would hear God's voice and follow the direction He is laying before me.  As I also go through this journey, my prayer is that God will give me the strength, determination and wisdom I need to pass my certification test. Sorry, I know that was a lot to digest -- it is a lot for me to even be able to put into words sometimes!!

Psalm 18:6a, "In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help.”

I know that God is working in a mighty way in and thru out my life and that I need to allow myself to follow the directions He is giving me.  My prayer is that my Will aligns with God's and if it does not that I allow myself to see what God has in-store for me that will be even better.
I have lots to pray about and I am ending the night with a heavy heart and a lot on my mind.  If y'all could be in prayer with me, I would appreciate it so much! Love to all!!


Matthew 11:28-29, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and 
ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.”

No comments:

Post a Comment