Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday's

Every week I look forward to Wednesday.  On Wednesday nights I get the lovely opportunity to go to a Bible study at a friends house and learn about God's word with other ladies who all have such a burning passion for God and learning how to love Him and grow with Him more each day.  When I very first got invited to this Bible study by a lady from my school I was hesitant because I knew no one but her (and I had just met her when school started, but we had mutual friends so I knew I would LOVE her).  Well, since we have moved to San Antonio God has been stirring in my heart that I need to get out of my comfort zone and meet new people.  So, when Kacee (my friend from school) invited me I said "Yes" because I knew this is the opportunity I had been praying about and waiting for.  Let me just tell you -- WOW.  I have learned so much from this study and from these ladies.  I am the youngest one in the group, but I do not mind at all.... these ladies have so much wisdom and are teaching me such wonderful things.  Their passions for the Lord amaze me -- even though their lives are so busy with a family and young kids they are teaching me how to make time to grow with God which is such a beautiful thing.  I am also loving learning about all the women and their lives and who they all are... they are all just so amazing.  Seriously, every Wednesday night I come home and tell Reagan that I hope I can gain as much wisdom as these women have -- they teach me so much and our study is diving so deep.  The study we are doing is about being in the wilderness and learning what God is trying to teach you through the season by drawing closer to Him.  The study is called One in a Million and it is by Priscilla Shirer and it is exactly what I needed for where I am in life -- if you haven't done the study I highly recommend it -- it has opened my eyes to how to draw closer to God thru the different/difficult seasons of life.  So tonight, I am very grateful that God placed me on Kacee's heart and that she invited me to the study -- I am loving these women and loving that through this study I am falling even more in love with my God.

I hope everyone is doing well and that this week is bringing much joy and happiness!  I know here in San Antonio we are all smiling because COOLER weather has arrived and a cold front is coming!! Oh and the Farish household is all smiles tonight because the RANGERS WON!!! Just one more game and we are going to the WORLD SERIES -- WOOHOO!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!  :)

"The wilderness is a season of life which God uses to remind us that He is yours and that we are His children; God is able to give us unspeakable Joy even in the most difficult seasons of life." - Priscilla Shirer, One in a Million

No comments:

Post a Comment