Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prayer

The power of prayer amazes me... it leaves me speechless at times that God cares enough about me and loves me enough to listen to my every prayer. Whether I think my prayers are important or not, God always listens -- that is so incredible to me.  This thought alone overwhelms me and leaves me speechless at times, because my God is just this big and great... WOW what a mighty God I serve.

Lately, I have found myself not knowing the answers to a lot of things in life... which frustrates me because at times in life I just want the answers right now-- I am learning this is not how God's timing works -- (ex: how to be the wife my husband needs me to be, what plans God has for my future, etc.)  These things I know I cannot figure out on my own, and quite frankly it stresses me out even more when I think I need to figure these things out on my own.  A dear friend told me the other day, just go to God in prayer... He knows what is best and will let you know the plans for all things on His time.  Such a great reminder I needed.  All I can do now is pray that God opens my heart and shows me even more how to be the wife Reagan needs me to be (there is always room for improvement as a wife... I am learning this) and future plans for my life is something I have to give to God every day.  Giving Him the desires of my heart definitely pleases the Lord, but in the end the thing that pleases Him the most is when I listen to His guidance and follow the plans He has laid before me...so hard to do at times when I don't understand His plans, but definitely what God needs and wants me to do and when I look back on these times of my life it is so incredible for me to see how God used others to work through me and how God used me to fulfill the plans He had for me life -- the result is definitely so fulfilling.  So as I continue to pray that God gives me peace and guidance, I also need to be diving deeper into the Word so that I can hear Him even more clearly.  I know the more I read His Word the more clearer I will hear Him for the direction I am needing in my life... I look forward to all that God is going to show me in the next couple of weeks.

Also, becoming even more intimate with my God is a desire of my heart this year also... learning how to get closer with Him and be more consistent (it is so hard to slip and blame the craziness of life on not having time to spend with God... but this year I am going to keep going even when I mess up, because God does not want me to give up -- all He wants is for me to pursue Him with a humble heart). I am excited to hear from my God and love and look forward to the intimate time I am able to have with Him in prayer... it seriously overwhelms my heart at times.

Thank you to all my sweet prayer warriors who are praying for me right now as I seek God's wisdom for my life... it means so much to me.  Don't know what I would do without my prayer warriors!

"To walk out of God's will is to step into nowhere."  - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment