Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, August 14, 2011

Loooooong Weekend.

This weekend has been non-stop busy.  So busy that I think I need another weekend just to rest... thank goodness I have a couple more days before I have to be up at the school! Wow.. school starts for the kids next Monday-- my how the summer flew.  We had a ton of big changes happen this summer, which seemed to make the summer go by even faster-- I need more time!!

So I bet you are all wondering how are weekend could have been so long and busy?!  Let me begin with Friday.... the first official day of our weekend. 

So on Friday, Reagan and I had to make a quick trip down to Corpus Christi to see my grandma
(Mee-Maw as us grand-kids call her) and take care of some business she needed me to do.  So we thought we would make it a trip and go see her.  It was great to see her and take her to dinner and wonderful that I got everything taken care of that she needed me to.  On the flip side, it was sad to leave her.  She is getting so old and her health is not well and she lives all alone and it just makes me super sad.  I wanted to pick her up in my arms (yes she is that light) and put her in my car and take her back home with us.  We had planned on staying the night with her but realized we had so many errands to run on Saturday that we had put off all week that we needed to head back Friday night late... we ended up getting home around midnight (a super short trip made for a lot of Driving on Friday).

On Saturday, we had a bazillion errands to run.  I needed to get my car inspected, we needed to go to the grocery store (our fridge was way too empty), then to the gym we went to work out and then we finished Saturday night with a birthday celebration for our friend Eric.  By the time we needed to go to the party we were ready to go to bed because we had not stopped since we woke up that morning.  But, we are glad we went... It was great to see our couple friends that we have known for some time and catch up with them!

On Sunday, we got up and got dressed for church.  I was very resistant about trying another church that Reagan had picked this morning.  Surprisingly, it turned out really well and we knew some couples that attend the church.  So the church looks promising and we will definitely be going back to check it out some more!  After church, we headed to Reagan's Nana's house for a birthday lunch for his step-mom and aunt.  Once lunch was done then we headed to Reagan's other grandparents house to help Jon load some sofas so that he could get all packed up to go back to college station.  Once the couches were loaded than we went to Reagan's parents house to finish helping Jon load everything (I was more of a supervisor than a mover... let's be honest.... I stayed inside with Julie and talked... it is just way too HOT outside to be moving)!!!  Once this task was complete (after several hours) we were finally able to come home since Reagan smelt horrible and needed a shower.  You would think our day would be done now and we would be plastered to the couch... oh no, we are headed to my parents for a yummy grill out.  Even though we are tired, we are loving all this time we are getting to spend with friends and family!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever!"

2 comments:

  1. Ash! I didn't know you had a blog! I love it!!!! And I love you! I hope we can see you soon. Get some rest before the kids get to school on Monday, good luck! I know you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds, I love your blog and read it every day... so make more posts... bec I am a little bit addicted. Oh, and when I see you we are going on a shopping spree because I want some new cute outfits! Come see us soon, we miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete