Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful for today

Wow what a whirlwind today has been. I am just getting an opportunity to collect my thoughts from today. Let me just start off by saying that my first day of work was fabulous and I am in love with the people I get to work with... they had me laughing all day long! It was so great to be at my school working with other people who truly care about kids... Seriously I was overcome with so much emotion today-- pure joy and gratefulness. There were times today were I just sat there taking it all in because it just didn't seem real that I get to work with such amazing people.  Today, I got to work alongside with the teachers I will be working with all year and I already learned just so much from them in just one day... we have a great year ahead of us!!

Today was busy with getting stuff ready to meet the students tonight. We had so many last minute things to get in order and praise the Lord it all got done! I got to do my first bulletin board (all by myself) today for our room... Let me tell you what-- my creative juices were flowing and I think it turned out absolutely fantastic! Our theme was monkeys and let me tell you what, people were going bananas over that bulletin board... Haha!!! I would have loved to take a pic of my beautiful work but it had our students names on it, so that's a BIG NO.NO... So seriously just take my word, it was great and I was so proud of my hard work!

I think we are going to have a great group of kids this year... Little pre-k kiddos in a big brand new elementary school.. What could be better?! When we met them all tonight, their eyes were so big... There were so many toys to see and people for them to meet, you could tell it was all just too much for them to take in!! I will be the first to admit, new beginnings take a while to get adjust to, but by the end of the year I know we won't want to let any of these kids move on! Though today I fell in love with so many of the students I got a chance to meet-- they were absolutely melt your heart precious!! There were so many that I just wanted to give big bear hugs to or pinch their cute little cheeks... They were that stinkin' cute! I cannot wait to see what God has in-store for this year... I know I have so much to learn -- not only from the other teachers but these kids. If you can't tell I am a little excited. A little overwhelmed. But extremely grateful.

Oh also... Please be praying for me.. I am studying (every free moment of my time) to take my certification tests.. So many prayers needed. I would like to pass them all the first time around! Much love and thank you for your prayers in advance!!

"God, You are so good to me and Your plans for my life amaze me. Help me to continually give You the praise for the great things You are doing in my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment