Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life Lately.

I have one word for life lately. B-U-S-Y. I never thought two people and a dog could as busy as we have been lately.   Oh My Word.  I feel like every time I turn around there is something else I need to be doing or another thing that needs to be added to the to-do list. More than anything... it is hard doing life when your hubs is gone a.lot. It makes all the things I need and have to do on my list that much longer-- I seriously have never been so grateful for all the stuff he does to help me out... take out the pup in the morning, make my breakfast, tidy up before he leaves for work... he is amazing. Work for him has been so busy I cannot even keep track of his schedule or when he will be gone.  Now do not get me wrong, I am so grateful for this busy season and the phenomenal job that my hubs is doing at work, but a girl misses her hubby.... I just can't help it... oh and some cute pup misses her "daddy" too.  Case and point... the other night Lyla and I got in the bed to watch TV and relax before sleepy time and she kept running circles around the bed in Reagan's spot... no sooner was she running circles, she began whining when she started sniffing his spot on the bed and realized her "daddy" was not there... poor girl missed her "daddy" and I did too. PATHETIC I know.
Anyways, besides work being crazy for Reagan, going between two schools every day is crazy and exhausting for me.  At the end of the day I just want to crash and go to bed.  I have no motivation to do anything.  Sad thing is, there is so much I should be doing like... working out, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, crossing things off my to-do list.  More times than none, not everything gets done that I would like to in a day but I am slowly becoming ok with that because honestly spending time with my HUBS when he is home is way more important than the to-do list or laundry.

Well other than being super busy, we hosted our bible study friends at our house this past Sunday for lifegroup.  A good number of people showed up from our group but we definitely missed our friends that could not be there.  It was so wonderful to be able to open up our home to others and use it in a way that glorified God through fellowship... we are so blessed to have a home and we were so grateful that we could host those from our church for an afternoon.

side-note (my thoughts are all over the place for this post): I thought the weather was slowly changing to fall here in good ole San ANtonio, but it is a slower process than I would like it to be.  I am ready for it to be cool so I have a good excuse to wear the new boots I just bought and an even better excuse to drink pumpkin spice lattes anytime I please. So God, please hear my prayers and bring cooler weather ASAP!

Confession- I promise to do a lot better job of writing and posting pictures... I just need to find time to relax and write every now and then.

Oh I will leave you with this precious picture though...


Lyla Lou is such a princess.  All snug under the covers in our bed... could there be a pup more cuter than her?! 


Happy Tuesday Loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment