Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, October 18, 2012

Food Park F.U.N.

So this post is a lil late. Ooops! This week has gone by in the blink of an eye.  Work has been busy with early dismissal days, and once I get home I am just too tired to write. Same old blah.blah.blah.

Anywho, last weekend Reagan's brother Jon was in town.  Jon likes to have a good time wherever he goes... and he always finds new and fun things to do with us when he is in town. With all that said, Saturday night we went to Boerne Stage Road Food Park to eat at his friends food truck, hang out, have some adult beverages, and watch the TCU and Aggie games.
Before this experience, I was a little fearful of food trucks.  For some reason when I think of food trucks I think of really yucky kitchens that lead to food poisoning... honestly I am not sure why.  It may be because I have a hard time branching out of my comfort zone of comfort foods, or fear of trying new things... I am not really sure.  Anyways, I was hesitant to eat from these food trucks.  Though, when we got there the food park was so nice and clean and all the food smelt really amazing.  Jon's friend owns a chinese food truck out there, so he made us more chinese food than we could even eat... and I must admit it was all so delicious.  Not only did I get to sample his yummy food but I got to sample street tacos from this authentic mexican food truck that was out there.  Oh. my. goodness they were so yummy. It was all so yummy.  I am so glad that I allowed myself to branch out and not be afraid.  I think it honestly helped knowing Jon's friend and trusting him to cook food for me... I know I am weird, but I just have this thing about eating food from places that I am not too sure about. Anyways, I am digressing again.
SO, after we all were put into food coma, we just sat back and hung out... we talked, had some drinks, listened to music, watched football... it was all so great.  The weather was a little humid but there was a slight breeze so it was a wonderful Texas night.
SO delicious!
Though, after we had talked for some time and had plenty of laughs, Jon's friend brought us out some dessert.  I was definitely not prepared for the deliciousness he made for us and my stomach was so full I could not eat another bite. But, he did make us the dessert and I felt bad not to try just a bite... so I gave in.  Let me tell ya something, best cheat I have had in a long time!!  Have you ever had fried oreos with powdered sugar dipped in melted dark chocolate??? Oh. My. Goodness. Most definitely one of the yummiest and worst desserts for you here on earth.  That one deep fried cookie was definitely worth all the calories and sweating I did at the gym that morning. YUMMO. Reagan ate three cookies... I don't know how he did it because it was so incredibly rich.  But wow they were delicious and definitely worth the trip to the food park.


The night was fun and I was glad for new experiences, lots of laughs and great memories.  Reagan and I will definitely be going back to the food park... it was just too yummy to not go again!

Food park fun! Love this man!! 

Happy Thursday Friends... So thankful tomorrow is Friday!

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment