Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FAITH is an incredible thing

You would think that after four years someone would lose hope, give up on a dream, and wither away in self pity. Though, since my time in college at TCU I have learned about a remarkable girl and her family who giving up to them was just not an option. Some people think that when they pray, their prayers should be answered immediately. This family knew that with time, God does address all prayers and that you just have to continue giving Him your life story and allowing Him to paint it for you. As hard as that may be for humans, this family knew that with God nothing is impossible. This journey they have been on has been a very long one...filled with laughter, tears, hurt, pain, smiles, disappointments, and the ultimate goal; a new beginning for their beautiful daughter. It brings joy to my heart knowing that by their immense faith God has finally rewarded their perseverance.

Tonight, as we prayed for her sister and prayed for their family... it was such an amazing feeling that washed over me. God is good all the time. No matter how big or small of a problem we have He will always see us through. I cannot get over the fact that their beautiful daughter and sister received all the organs that she needed and that the new organs responded to her body. Do the doctors realize what they did tonight?? Those doctors answered a prayer, they gave a life back to a girl who has wanted that more than anything in the world.

Sitting in the floor of our living room tonight praying with my family, my 3 beautiful roommates... I felt the peace of God wash over us. At that moment, our hearts were so exposed, and tears flowed from our eyes. We met each other on a different level and at that moment I knew those girls would always and forever be my best friends and be my prayer partners till the end of time.

Tonight, was a night of so many new beginnings... a new life brought through organs, a step toward a new life spoken through prayer, and a new place in all our hearts for the bond we now have that no one can ever take from us.

We are a family of Faith that cannot be broken. We find healing in the power of prayer and know that with Faith and Hope anything is possible when we rely on our Heavenly Father.
Tonight, I learned the true meaning of Faith. I learned that Faith knows no boundaries and that God can work in ways we cannot even wrap our minds around.
Through this story, God's love and grace is magnified. She is now going to be able to leave a remarkable legacy, and by God's grace her story will shine His light to everyone she comes in contact with.

Our lives are not our own, it is a beautiful gift from God... so allow Him to paint your story daily.

"The Lord is my rock, my strength, my fortress..." Psalm 18: 2a

No comments:

Post a Comment