Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, January 9, 2010

Life if a Wonderful Journey

Wow... How time has flown! I am so sorry I have not blogged in forever but it has been a crazy end to 2009. It is now 2010... and many beautiful things are ahead of me! I can't believe I am getting married this year!
2009 was a crazy ride, full of many life lessons, and so many new obstacles that I have had to learn how to best overcome. I am very excited to see what God has in store for me in 2010. He taught me some very beautiful things through tears and happiness this past year, but this year I am very prepared to embrace anything He throws my way. I now know that the things that seemed impossible are possible when you have the strength of God. Each day is such a blessing knowing that I am not ALONE... that I have the love of God's grace embracing me.

So to say the least I am looking very forward to 2010. I am very excited to see how God is going to use me... Not only in my relationship with Him, but with Reagan, friends, and family. I am very excited to see how I am going to be used in my new major and classes. My prayer is that I embrace the blessings He has given me and smile everyday. I am very lucky to be alive and been given the amazing opportunity to go to school and get an education from my parents.

I am very excited to learn all about kids from here on out! I feel that it is not only going to help me interact with kids better but give me a better insight on how to be a better mother many years down the road. It is very exciting knowing that I am going to have the opportunity to work with kids hands on this semester. Children are definitely a gift from God and I am very excited to see all that they will teach me. Kids are so lovable and I am very excited to dive in and do the best that I can do.

This year I am setting 10 Goals for myself. They are not in any particular order... just things I really want to accomplish by the end of this year.

(1) I want to learn to RELAX more and enjoy each day to it's fullest.
(2) Workout every day... whether it just be an hour of cardio or full body I want to be at the gym everyday.
(3) I want to learn to cook more new and exciting meals. I love cooking and it is something that Reagan and I have found that we really love doing together.
(4) I want to take more time to invest in my friends.
(5) I want to spend time with God everyday.
(6) I want to spend time with Reagan everyday reading a chapter in the Bible. I feel that it will bring us even more closer together. Right now we are currently reading Song of Solomon and it has been awesome just spending that time together with him.
(7) Volunteer somewhere and help families and their children.
(8) Find an internship at a hospital or non profit organization
(9) LIVE IN THE MOMENT
(10) Continue to work with Reagan to better communicate together, look forward to our marriage and to plan what is best for us

All in all, I am very excited for the new year and all the amazing things that are going to happen. This year is going to be such an incredible journey and I am ready to embrace it to the fullest.
It is so exciting to know all the new changes that are going to occur, but I am so excited for all the memories that will also be made this year. Life is such an amazing journey and with the blessings I have been given, all I can do is smile everyday.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment