Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Beginnings in 2012

Let's just say that I think 2012 holds some pretty great things for the Farish family... things that may be expected and those unexpected.  We have only been in the New Year for a couple of days and I feel as if God is already turning our world upside down... in more ways than one. I wish I could elaborate on all the great things, but nothing has fallen into place yet and there is still much praying to be done.  I just know that the more I give myself to God, the more God is growing me and opening my eyes to endless opportunities.  I just pray that over the next couple of weeks and months that I will be so in-tune to God that I will know exactly what He is leading me to do... and leading us as a family to do!

Disclaimer: the great things to come is NOT a baby, for all you sweet/crazy friends out there that the thought might cross your mind!  Do not get me wrong, I would love a baby and would cherish that beautiful gift, but Reagan and I are still loving life and it just being us and the quiet time we have with each other.  SO NO, my great news is not that I am expecting!

Reagan and I are doing well. Busy. The New Year started off quicker and at a faster pace than we expected.  Though, we are finding time to spend with each other, which was difficult towards the end of 2011 and going out of our way to spend time with one another... love being intentional with my hubby... shows that spending time with him is more important and way better than anything else.
 Also... I came across this awesome Chrisitian couple blog that my friend Jen told me about.  It is amazing... like seriously I want to meet these people.  It is called, "Today's Letters" and it is under my blogs that I love to read and probably couldn't live without if any of those blogs were taken away from me.  So, anywho, go and read their blog... their cute ideas will make you want to be giggly and lovey with your husband and make you fall in love with him all over again.  Let's just say in 2012 we will be using a lot of the ideas that they have shared on the blog because we just loved them all that much! So seriously, read it!! Their blog will make you smile and your life better... it has already started our 2012 off in a great way :)

Follow up: My dad is in a slow recovery process.  Though, I cannot say thank you enough for all the emails, texts and phone calls to check on him.  Definitely warmed my heart to see how much our friends and family care about us.  He is doing as best as could be expected of him right now (since he did just shatter all the bones in his right arm).  The surgery went better than the surgeons expected (even if it did take them 5 1/2 hours) to get his arm back to a workable/normal looking state.  He is still in a lot of pain... so just continue praying!  Physical therapy starts next week (which is going to HURT so dang much) but the surgeons want him to start moving his right arm so that they can get him back to full mobility (they are not sure at this time how much movement and motion he will have in his arm).... so with that being said--- PRAY PEOPLE!  Pray that Physical therapy works miracles because my dad is right handed... and he has already had some crazy sad moments with tears that he is afraid he won't be able to do things he once could do before the accident.  For this girl, daddy's one and only princess, it is hard to see my daddy cry for fear of what may lie ahead and be in such immense pain.  SO, with all that info out in the open... please. please. please keep praying... we all (our whole family) will covet your prayers so incredibly much!

Love to all. dinner is calling...Greek grilled chicken with grilled asparagus and lemon butter pasta... I know your mouth is watering...whose wouldn't?!

Psalm 143:8- "Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the 
way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment