Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Letting God Write My Life Story

Recently, I have been realizing that I am not in control of my life GOD is, and that life would be so much easier if I would allow Him to be in complete control. I have found that when life is crazy and I try to control my world everything gets even messier, though when I give my WHOLE self to GOD, He does such a better job at aligning everything according to HIS plan. What an amazing thing... that the creator of the world knows what is better for my life than I do!? I have just found it so amazing lately that God knows my every thought, my every fear and all my happiness... so why is it so hard for me to let Him guide my life? I think as a human, I like feeling like I am in control of something, though in reality I really am not. The things that happen in my life are because God had a plan for them to occur. Looking back on this past year, I realize that everything happen the way God intended it to. Luckily, I searched for God's guidance and through faith I allowed Him to guide me and that has blossomed into a beautiful thing. For once in my life, I feel free from the burdens of life. Now I am not saying I don't stress anymore, but I look at stress in a different way. I can either freak out and not find a solution to the problem or I can take one day at a time and look to God for guidance. I have found that the second option brings me so much more comfort. I have no idea what God has planned for tomorrow, next month, or even my marriage for that matter. Though, I do know that God has written a beautiful story with my life thus far which gives me immense faith in knowing that the rest of my story will be a beautiful one. I have learned that I find satisfaction in life when I completely look to God for every aspect of my life. I am only human and I do make mistakes, but luckily since God is my Savior and knows my heart and the plans He has for my life He gently guides me back to the path He has chosen for me. At times I catch myself standing in awe at the magnificence of God because He truly is the only person who knows my heart, knows my intentions, knows my passions, and knows the goals I have set for myself. I am finding complete joy in knowing that even though I do not know what my future holds I know it will be a beautiful thing because I will be a beacon of light for God, and my only prayer is that my life will exemplify the love He has for me daily. All I need is God in this life... not money, or silly worldly things... just simply the loving embrace of my Heavenly Father. Knowing that I have that comfort and strength embracing me daily makes it that much easier to walk through my day with my head held high. My God is a gracious God and with Him I know that I will make the most of my life and at the end of my journey I can smile because I know I will have done everything I possibly could to bring glory to Him. Life is a short journey, so reflect and allow yourself the opportunity to let your life go and to give it all to God. The comfort and joy that comes from that "letting go" experience is a beautiful thing.

"For I know the plans I have for you Declares the Lord..."

-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment