Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's February Already?!

WOW! How January flew by! I cannot believe it is already February!! Seriously, I feel like I am going to blink and its going to be June... so crazy! I really am getting excited for the wedding though... save the dates are coming out this month!!!

So with it being February already.... that means Valentines day is soon! This Valentines day is going to be a little different. Reagan and I are going to a couples night on Friday the 12th with a ton of couples from our church and then on Valentines day I have no clue what we are doing. Since we have been dating for 4 years, I am definitely out of creative ideas. I want to do something cute since it will be our last Valentines as a dating couple, but I can't think of any cute ideas. So if you have any creative ideas, please send them my way!!

This past week I have been thinking about how blessed I am. I go to an amazing college, have incredible friends, have a new opportunity at a new major which I love... what could be better than kids?! I have just been learning lately that life is so short, that each moment must be cherished. You may not have the most amazing and memorable days every day, but I have learned that there is something to smile :) about each and every day. I am also in the learning process of allowing myself to trust people completely. It's a hard concept and one I have to give God daily. I definitely am one of those people who wear their heart on their sleeves and I feel I have people's best interest at heart; though at times I go the extra mile one too many times for people and I when I need their support I don't always have it. So I am renewing my trust on God's word and that He provides for all of my needs. It is such a beautiful thing knowing that God holds my life in His hands daily. I am so blessed to know that I am able to cry out to Jesus when I need His help and guidance. What a beautiful thing that seems to make me smile daily knowing that I am taken care of by my Heavenly Father.

So, this weekend Reagan and I are going to look at the townhouses we are planning on moving into. He has seen them before and seemed to like them a lot. I on the other hand have never seen them before. I just find it a huge plus that they have an attached garage so that I don't have to park and walk in fear every time I want to get into my little abode! It is so crazy to think that if we do decide on the townhouses, that in just a couple of months that will OUR home. I am excited but I can't believe that it will be all ours. It is exciting knowing that we will get to come home to each other everyday and make dinner together. It gets more and more exciting everyday knowing that I am getting to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. The journey we have been on together has been an incredible one, but I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in our marriage!


"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness"

No comments:

Post a Comment