Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, February 27, 2010

SUN :)

The SUN is finally shining today, and for today I do not feel like I live in Seattle! Everyone knows I love cold weather because I love wearing cute jackets and boots... but I must say I am ready for the spring weather to start shining through. Maybe because I actually have something BIG to look forward to this spring :) But honestly I can't wait for sunshine, swim suits, and the beautiful lake... oh and ST. LUCIA!!!
So today I am so grateful that the sun is shining and that as I write this post I can hear birds chirping outside my window.
Today even though the sun is shining I do not know how productive I am going to be... this week took everything out of me and I am so tired. So I am looking at things on my computer, trying to study for tests I have next week, thinking about tons of beautiful things the future holds for me, and listening to Pandora Radio... my most favorite thing ever.
I must say I am a little grateful for a lazy Saturday, I have not had one in a while and it is nice to just be able to check my emails, read my favorite blogs, and I got to sleep in for the first time in FOREVER and man did I sleep in... it felt so good.
Lately I am just so grateful for good friends and family. Reagan and I had a blast last night hanging out with an awesome family from our church and their kids. It was just so nice that they had us over for dinner and then we just sat and talked and laughed and lived in COMMUNITY! I love nights like that... and their kids are adorable so Reagan and I ate up the fact that we got to play with them and cuddle with their little baby :)
I am just realizing there are so many opportunities in life I do not want to miss, and so if I take the time to slow down and love on my friends and family I find fulfillment in life. That is a very beautiful thing that I am so grateful for :) God is incredible and I am so grateful for the new things He is showing me each and every day!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and enjoys the beautiful SUN God has given us!!!

"Being happy does not mean everything is perfect... it means that you have looked past the imperfections of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment