Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, March 1, 2010

Prayer

Prayer is such an incredible and powerful thing. Lately life has handed me situations that I do not particularly know how to handle... but God does and that is the amazing thing about Him. I hate when my friends are hurting, stressed, or troubled with problems. I wish I had all the right things to say to them, but at times I have no words to speak to them at all. All I know that I can really do for them is pray. Pray that they allow God to take control of their life, pray that they find comfort in Him, pray that they find peace in the midst of craziness, and pray that they find reassurance in His love. Life is hard and I am learning that more and more everyday. Though I am also finding out that God does not give us more than we can handle. We may think that our world is crumbling around us and not understand why things are happening to us, but the beautiful thing is God has an incredible plan for our lives and sometimes it's not all sunshine and flowers. Sometimes God needs us to go through the hard spots in life so that we learn to lean on Him more and appreciate the good that we find after we have traveled through the pain. Though, telling a friend this as they go through a trial is not the most comforting thing... all they want is to be past it, to find peace, and understand why they have to go through it. The big question is WHY... why do we have to go through tough stuff that other people do not have to go through... and honestly I may never be able to answer that question completely... because sometimes I can't understand WHY! Though I do know that each person God created He made a life plan specifically for them and sometimes we have to walk through the pain and learn so much from God so that we can be stronger from the pain and have learned things that can help us in our daily life. I have learned that the times you listen to God the most are when you are most vulnerable and on your knees because you do not know what to do. God definitely works through pain and teaches us every step of the way, and for that I am grateful. So all I know to do now is pray for my friends... for clarification for their life, for peace of mind, for calmness, and for knowing that God will carry them through the storm. Praying for friends is a powerful thing, and most definitely after all I have been through I believe in the power of prayer.

"Prayer is the voice of Faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment