Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break

It is finally Spring Break and I am so incredibly grateful!!! I definitely need a break... a time where my brain does not have to do school work and does not have to think very hard! So this Spring Break is different than anyone I have ever had... I am going home to SA town to finish planning the wedding! I have another dress fitting, food tasting, I get to look at one of the floral arrangements, and my mom's best friend is throwing me my first wedding shower! I am so excited.. I cannot believe it is almost here... just three months away... I feel like that is going to take for forever but so many people tell me it will be here before I know it! :) I am so excited to go back to SA TOWN.. I Love it there.. it is definitely home! I am just looking so forward to spending time with my family, and getting a mani and pedi with my mom-- we are definitely going to have a couple of girls days because I miss that the most!!! I am also excited that Reagan will be in SA town for part of Spring Break too, so we are going to get to celebrate his birthday and he is going to go to the food tasting with me :)
I just love simple things like this... one whole week with my family makes me smile really BIG and is such a wonderful gift! So many of my friends are getting to travel to really cool places and getting to do big group trips but I am so satisfied in knowing that I get a week with my family... I would not change it for the world. I think I am cherishing going home more than anything because this summer my Home will be with Reagan in Dallas not in SA TOWN with my family. Do not get me wrong I am so excited to be a family with Reagan but it is definitely going to be so weird that this is the first summer I do not spend at home with my family. I know I will get to see them but WOW... I am growing up. Life is changing and I am ready for the changes God is making in my life and I couldn't be more blessed for the man he has given me to love.
When I was a little girl I never thought I would grow up and find a man who would sweep me off of my feet... boy was I wrong.... I have been blessed with the most incredible man. Though, getting married makes me want to relive those memories of being a little girl so that I can remind my dad I will always be his sweetiepie and show my mom that I am always her little girl no matter what. I am learning that even though life changes--- you will always have your family and the memories you have made with them because no one can ever take that away. I am just learning to really cherish life and the blessings I have been given because too many times I take them for granted and do not say thank you to God enough or tell those amazing people in my life how much I truly LOVE them.
When I look at my life all I can say is that I have been truly blessed and for that I am so incredibly grateful beyond words!
I hope everyone has an incredible spring break cherishing the people you are with and making incredible memories that will last a lifetime. :)

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count... it's the life in your years."

No comments:

Post a Comment