Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, October 11, 2010

I Love My Family

So this weekend was a wonderful one.  Reagan and I had house guests that started arriving on Friday afternoon.  Reagan's brother Jon and their good family friend Matt came to Dallas to watch the Aggie game at Cowboy stadium on Saturday!  They were both wonderful guests and we had so many laughs while they were here this weekend!
On Friday night, my family arrived at our townhouse!  I was so excited, I had not seen my family for 3 months and that is just way too long!  We really didn't do anything on Friday night except watch part of the wedding video my mom brought and sat around and talked.
Reagan and I ended up staying up till 2:30 in the morning with Jon and Matt after my family left to go to their hotel.  We really were not doing anything exciting but reminiscing about the fun wedding weekend!

On Saturday morning, Jon and Matt headed to the Aggie game, Reagan went to work, and I headed to Fort Worth to meet my mom at McKinley's Bakery for a delicious lunch... if you have not been there you must go it is so delicious!  So my mom and I had a girls lunch which was so nice to catch up just the two of us and then we went shopping!  After shopping we headed back to our townhouse to do a big grill out!  It was so delicious-- we had steaks, pork chops, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese and desserts!  We had 13 people in our townhouse all together and it was a blast!  We ate, talked, told funny stories-- it was wonderful.  After everyone had left Reagan and I headed to bed because we had church the next morning!

On Sunday, Jon and Matt went to church with Reagan and I and then we met my family at Rudy's barbecue for lunch--- Reagan, my dad, my little brother Peyton, his friend Brooks, and my middle brother Hunter and 3 of his friends from college station all headed to the Cowboys game after lunch.  Yet it was just me and my mom again-- and what better to do than go shopping for fall and winter clothes.  We had a blast and got some really cute outfits.  After our long day of shopping we met the guys for a quick bite to eat.  After eating we all headed back to the townhouse and my mom helped me put away all my summer clothes and hang all my fall clothes-- I seriously have the best mom ever!  After this was all done we had to say goodbye-- it was so hard!  I wanted my family to stay longer.  Though their trip up here was perfect timing.  I needed my parents more than ever with everything that Reagan and I have had to deal with.  It was just wonderful to have my parents love on me and Reagan--- I am just so grateful for them and everything they do for us.

I cannot wait for Thanksgiving when we get to go to San Antonio and spend time with our families--- the holidays could not come any sooner! 
Well that is a recap of our wonderful weekend-- I am off to study for a Test I have Wednesday night.

"God knows the plans for your life even when you have no clue what is going on."

No comments:

Post a Comment