Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Friend.

A good friend is one that I hold near and dear to my heart.  I have learned that a good friend is one that will let you vent the good and bad, will laugh with you, will cry with you and is someone you can talk to  for hours.  Today, just a sequence of things happened that just set me off (turned my day from good to bad) and I needed to vent/have a good convo with one of my sweet friends. Thankfully, one of my dear sweet friends was just a text away... (in person would have been much better) but I settled with a multitude of text messages (since we were both having a crazy busy day).  Being able to just talk with her and fill each other in on life so we know how to better pray for one another just felt so good and made me feel so blessed.   There are some days I am just so amazed with the people God has placed in my life... He knew I would need them for days like today and many days to come.  Well this sweet friend is one I needed today and definitely a woman of God that I look up to so much... I hope one day I can be half the wife and mother she is... she is amazing and such a Godly friend and without her this last year would have been impossible. So after chatting today and hearing her heart and advice my mood slowly began to change... I just needed her to be there for me today-- and her words through text were exactly what I needed.  I just felt So blessed today,  that even though we are miles apart now and soon to be further when their family moves to Oklahoma that I know we will still stay in touch and I have a lifelong friendship with her.  More than anything, I wish today would have been a day where I could have jumped in my car, driven only 5 minutes to her house and we could have sat at the kitchen table and talked for hours... I sure do miss those days!  Though, in the months to come I know that phone calls, texts and skype dates will be how I keep up with her and her sweet but busy family!! Love you bunches Julie and I don't know what I would do without you sweet sweet friend.


One of my most favorite pictures of Julie and I... this one will definitely be framed and put on my desk in our new house!!  It makes me smile each time I look at it! I am so blessed to have her as an amazing friend and incredible mentor.  Thank you Lord for the love of friendship that you allowed to blossom between the two of us, I am forever changed because of these sweet lady.  


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10a, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: if either of them falls down, one can help the other up."


No comments:

Post a Comment