Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

This father's day was a special one for me!  It was the first time in a while that I have been in the same city as my dad...which I do believe made it even more special for both of us this year.  For those of you who don't know, I am a big time daddy's girl.  Honestly, I do not know how I couldn't be.  I have one of the most incredible fathers!  He has such a good spirit about him, loves to laugh, is a great listener, easy going, he loves God, and he loves to spend time me (just the two of us) and with our family.  When I was growing up, I can remember telling my mom this big secret that I thought was so incredibly special after my daddy took me out on a father/daughter date (some of the best memories of my life).  I told her I loved my dad 10,000 oceans and that my daddy had stolen my heart.  I remember after I told her this that she just smiled at me with a big smile and told me that my daddy felt the same way about me.  To this day, those words still remain so true.  I honestly would do anything for my dad and he would do the same for me, and he truly is the first man that stole my heart... there will always be that bond that we have for one another that will always connect us- I will always be his one and only daughter... No Matter What!  I can remember when I started dating Reagan, people always told me to not settle for anyone who did not treat me as good or even better as my dad did.  Well folks, I think I married a winner because he treats me like a princess and I am pretty sure he loves me just as much as my dad does.  So this year, I was so blessed to be celebrating my dad and to have him here with us (after his nasty 12 ft. fall off a ladder earlier this year) and to see all the progress he has made in his recovery. I am truly so blessed!! This father's day, I really sat back and thought about all the great times my dad and I have had together and I could not imagine making those sweet memories with anyone but him! Thank you Lord for choosing my dad to be the one who raised me and loved me like a father should.  I pray that one day when Reagan and I have children of our own that I can be as good of a parent as he has been for me and love them just as much as my dad has always loved me.  

Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you 10,000 oceans!!





Proverbs 22:6 -"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment