Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Friday, June 1, 2012

Starting the Summer off with a bang!

Summer is officially here! WOOHOO! After a crazy first year in the world of education I am definitely in need of a little break! I had so many great ideas for how to start the summer off, but my body thought differently.  Starting the summer break out sick and with a box of tissues is no fun at all!  I am just hoping this means I will be healthy the rest of the summer... fingers crossed! So today will be spent on the couch resting while my sweet hubby takes care of me... all other plans will have to be put on hold!

I have been MIA from the blog for quite some time I do not even know where I should begin in catching everyone up!

Let's see...

Reagan is still loving his job, busy as ever, and has made some really great sales the past couple of months! We are just thanking God for the blessing of his job, his continued success and all the great people he is meeting along this journey.

I finished my first year in the pre-k world.  It was a year of ups and downs, but it was all worth it in the end.  On the last day of school when some of my kiddos asked me to take pictures with them I got all teary eyed.  That was the last time I would see some of my babies (who are now great big kindergarteners)! I didn't expect to get so emotional, but this year will forever be a year I hold in my heart.  I had some wonderful students, I worked with the best co-teach ever, and made some incredible friends along the way.  I am not really sure what God has in-store for next year yet, but I continue to be diligent in prayer and pray that all things will come about in His perfect timing!

I celebrated my 23rd birthday... my oh my where have the years gone!?  I had a great dinner with friends and family and spent my birthday weekend celebrating with the ones I love.  Looking back on the year a lot has changed, and I truly believe Reagan and I are both better people due to all the changes we have endured.  We have grown a lot in our relationship, faith, and love for one another! Here is to another year of living and learning along the way!

Reagan and I put an offer in on our first home!!!  We are in active option as of right now and our inspection on the house is today. EEK! This has been such a crazy/scary experience for me, but I know we are ready to purchase our first home!   I am excited and anxious and just hope everything works out the way we have hoped and envisioned because we are in LOVE with the home! Purchasing our first home has made me realize we are definitely grown-ups now and there is no turning back!!  I will keep everyone posted on updates of the house and when it officially becomes ours! Oh and lots of pictures to come... once it is decorated and we have made our first house our home!

Other than buying a house this summer, we hope to go on a couple little mini vacations (one for our two year anniversary-- where in the world has the time gone!? and another with my best friend and her hubby). We are still trying to figure out where we should go for these trips!  We want to go somewhere fun but not too expensive, since the house is our first priority this summer! So if anyone has any great ideas of fun places to go for a weekend getaway please pass them along to me!!!

Well I think that is most the happenings that have occurred recently in the Farish household! We are praying for a wonderful summer full of time with friends, family and a summer that grows our love with one another even stronger!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment