Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, July 11, 2013

On Repeat.

A friend of mine posted this song the other day and when I first heard it I cried - something I seem to do a lot of lately.  But the words in the song are my heart.  The song describes perfectly what I want more than anything... especially in this season.  Every day I am having to remind myself that my life is not my own and that I need to surrender it all to Him who knows every little detail of my life from the time I wake up in the morning to the minute I lay my head down on the pillow.  He knows.  So I need to find rest in knowing that when I am weak, He is strong.  When I feel like I cannot walk any more, He will carry me.  He is all I need... and sometimes that one simple sentence is so hard for me to wrap my mind around; especially when my flesh wants to worry and become anxious ... but in the end I must remind myself that I know that His will will be done and my eyes will be opened to work of His hands. His perfect plan will unfold and I know I will be brought to my knees in tears because the plan will be His absolute best for me and I will stand in awe of just how amazingly intricate it will be. So today I am surrendering and placing my trust in Him so that I can experience the peace that comes with surrendering.

So -- listen to the song.  be still. and just let it wash over you.  because honestly once you listen to the words you will play the song on repeat too because deep down we all want this song to be the cry of our hearts. We must lay down our human tendencies and just surrender, because when we do we are able to accept the blessings of the Lord so much more.

Happy Thursday friends.

Music Video for I Surrender by Hillsong - Live Version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcnfT4arZtI&noredirect=1

No comments:

Post a Comment