Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, July 15, 2013

Words in my head.

Four words keep continually coming to my head day after day.  Trust. Peace. Patience. & Abide in Me.  When my mind starts to worry lately, those four words just keep coming to the forefront of my mind.  Ironically Though really in God's perfect plan, throughout this season, everything I have read, the people I have talked to and the words I have prayed - are those four words that keep surfacing. So this morning I committed myself to really believe those words and allow myself to really dig deeper and find the meaning God has for those words in my life.

Last night at our couple's Bible study as I was talking to the ladies, it was interesting to hear that we are all in different places in our lives, but those four words hold so much meaning for everyone in the group.  One sweet friend in our group then further explained with tears in her eyes that she was just so grateful for us and the friendships that are forming because we need each other to pour into one another for accountability and prayer.  It was that moment, that my heart felt so full because it is true... I need these ladies to teach me how to weave those words into my life so that I can learn from their life stories and lessons they have learned from God on how to be a better wife, how to be a better daughter of God, and how to really make those words the cries of my heart.  So, as I sat this morning in my quiet time, I prayed.  I prayed those four words over and over and then I prayed those words for my people- my friends.  Because at the end of the day, we all want those words to be in our heads and know that with those words comes an unconditional love that seems to encompass the truths of all  four words.


Psalm 62:8 "Tust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment