Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Choose Joy!!

Today was a hard day.  No lying about it.  It sucked.  On my drive home from work, listening to my new Kari Jobe CD I felt like crying. The words she was singing over me were exactly what I needed to hear in the first two songs; I needed to be reminded of the promises of the Lord after a day like today.

Today, I felt out of control -- like there was nothing I could do or say to make my day any better at work.  I felt as if I was having to just stand back and watch it all happen -- the chaos and out of controlness of it all.  I hate that.  I love order and I love children's smiles and I only saw little glimpses of that today.  So today was hard and I walked away feeling down and defeated.

Though, one of my sweet co-workers who is way wiser than I will ever be looked at my today (during the midst of all the craziness) and said, "Smile and CHOOSE JOY."  Those simple words did not get to sink in until after I left work today, but I needed them and God knew I needed to hear them from her.

CHOOSE JOY.  When everything is going crazy around me, I can choose to be happy and rejoice for all God has given me.  CHOOSE JOY.  When those around me are not acting in a loving way, I can choose to love those around me as God does.  CHOOSE JOY.  When others at work are trying to bring others down I can choose to smile and build others up.  CHOOSE JOY.  When the weight of the world is on my shoulders (or so it seems) I will stop my day and pray to God that He will give me patience and a love for all those around me.
IF I can remember those two simple words -- CHOOSE JOY, I know that God will grant me the JOY, PEACE, and LOVE that I need for each day. I am only in-charge of myself and my actions (not everyone else around me), and because of that -- today I CHOOSE JOY.  Because at the end of each day, I want my GOD to smile down on me because I have CHOSEN JOY and showed it ABUNDANTLY.

How will you choose to go about your days??  I pray that you CHOOSE JOY!!

Romans 15:13- "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

1 comment: