Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, February 20, 2012

Jesus is my Strength

"When the difficulties in your life feel as if they're closing in on you, break free by spending quality time with Me. You need to remember who I am in all My Power and Glory. Then, humbly bring me your prayers and petitions. Your problems will pale when you view them in the Light of My Presence. You can learn to be joyful in Me, your Savior, even in the midst of adverse circumstances. Rely on Me, your 
Strength." -from the Jesus Calling Devotional


This quote spoke levels to me today.  It was yesterday's devotion but I did not get a chance to read it yesterday so I doubled up today.  WOW.  God knew I needed this.  This morning I woke up (from a day off of work) feeling overwhelmed with life situations I am dealing with right now and the anxiety slowly started to take over.   


My world has been difficult lately... a new difficult I have never really experienced before.  I know everyone has problems (big and small) but lately mine seem to be more than I can handle.  Sometimes I do not even feel like I can hold myself up.  I am finding myself in situations where it is hard to be me... really me, the amazing woman God made me to be because others around me are doing everything they can to smother my joy and make me feel insignificant and tear me down.  The situation is so much deeper than that, but I will leave you only with those emotions I am feeling. I feel like if I choose not to give God the situation it will only be harder for me to deal with, so I am trying as best as I can to give 100% of me during this hard time.  I have found comfort in playing the new Kari Jobe CD over and over, praying without ceasing, having others love on me and praying for me, and resting in knowing that God will take care of this situation no matter what happens.  Do not get me wrong, like this morning the anxiety kicks in and I feel as if the situation may never get better, but then I read encouragement like the passage above and I am reminded that God can do All things. 


So, wherever you are on your life journey (whether it be a peak or a valley) I pray that you are going to God with every concern, joy and fear.  God knows what is best for you and me and He can handle all things! So, like I find myself doing lately, I am on my knees in prayer revealing to God my inner concerns and asking for peace and wisdom to deal with the situation at hand.  I know God is listening and that He is guiding me each day; Rest in knowing that Jesus is all the strength you will ever need! 


Habakkuk 3:19 "The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music, on my stringed instruments."


No comments:

Post a Comment