Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Me.

I hate when my hubby is out of town.  It feels as if a part of me is missing.  He truly is my best friend and life is just better with him by my side.  Since he has been gone lately due to work being so busy... I have been on my own -- which is no fun! :(

Top 10 Things I Hate about my Hubby being Gone: 

1) There is no one to talk to when you get done with your day.  Ya, we text and talk on the phone when work slows down for him, but there is just something different about talking in person.

2) I have no one to make yummy dinners for.  So, I either end up at my parents for dinner (which is a yummy option always) or I just throw something boring together for me.

3) I do not get my daily hugs and kisses.  This just stinks!

4) I do not have a workout buddy.  We do such a good job of working out together and motivating each other (it has become one of our married hobbies).  It is just harder to do when he is not here, but I push myself anyway... or I at least try!

5) Taking care of yourself when you are sick is no fun (I have had a migraine for 3 days that really just won't go away).  It is always nice to have him home to take care of me when I just feel down right YUCK... but, when he is away the next best option is my mom and dad.  Thank goodness they live right around the corner!

6) I have no cuddle buddy.  I get so cold at night and my feet freeze.  Perk to being married to a man... built in electric blanket.  Seriously, he exerts so much heat and keeps me warm all night.  So when he is gone I am buried under blankets!

7)  I have to check the mail.  This is something that I do not personally like doing (because we get so much junk mail), but he loves it and it is one of his "chores".  Though, when he is gone I have to force (ie. make it a habit) myself to walk to the mailbox to get the mail so it does not overflow!

8) I have no one to go with me on my random errands.  Yes, there are times when I like to just go by myself, but every time he is gone and I have errands to run I wish he was in town so that we could do them together... cheesy I know!

9)  I check to make sure the doors are locked and the alarm is set a million and one times.  Yes, ridiculous I know... but it is just a habit every time he is gone.

10) The thing I probably miss the most... I have no one to pray with at night.  Reagan and I have really tried to make this a habit since we have been married to pray with each other every night when we lay down in bed.  When he prays over me it soothes me and gives me such a love for him I cannot explain.  I  just need this time with him because it helps me end my day.

I know some of these things may be silly to some of y'all.  I love my husband and hate when he was gone.  We were definitely made for each other, and he is most definitely my better half.  All I can say, is that I am so grateful his trips are not months at a time... I think I would go crazy!  Though, after a couple days/week I am definitely done with him being gone and cannot wait for him to be home! Luckily, I have family I can love on while he is away which makes the time feel just a little bit shorter!

I cannot wait to see the hubs in ONE day! I know I will get the best hug ever! Cannot wait to just have him home with me, and finish off the week "normal."

Hugs and Kisses. XOXO. LOVE YOU!

Love my sweet man! Cannot wait for you to be home!!!

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 - "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

No comments:

Post a Comment