Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good Morning Beautiful Day :)

waking up to the sun coming in this morning was a good thing! i laid in bed and for the first time this morning my mouth was not throbbing! then i looked at my phone and my amazing friends had already called and text me checking to see how i was doing... oh how extremely blessed i am!
so i got up this morning with a positive attitude that today is going to be a more productive day.. i am seriously getting so bored and need something to do to occupy my time!
since my "wisdom" was lost, i have been thinking of hobbies i would love to do.... i am really finding an interest in photography, still loving scrap booking/picture frame scrap booking, i kinda want to write a book (i don't know what it would be about but i would really like to :D), i want to find a true love for cooking and creating my own dishes, i want to try training for a half marathon and or learning how to rock climb (don't know if this one will ever happen!). i am really enjoying my love and appreciation for working out... it has finally become fun because i guess i am finally seeing results! :) so for the next year (until my wedding) i am really trying hard to make it to the gym everyday and get toned for the wedding! my goal has been met thus far.. or at least until my "wisdom" came out.. so i am ready to get back to the gym to say the least! i really love climbing the stairs.. its a great cardio starter and you sweat like a pig and feel good after it... gosh i am weird!
also, a lot lately i have been thinking about how i can become a better wife. hannah has been giving me tips on things that will help... so grateful for her! i really look forward to starting a family... because as crazy as it seems when reagan and i get married we will be our own little family! :) i really want to find hobbies that we both like... we really like working out together, we LOVE cooking in the kitchen (he is a very good cook :D), we love doing stuff with the youth kids, reading and watching movies are always favorites too! any other good ideas for couple hobbies?? i really think once we get married and find a place i want to start a garden... hannah's garden sounds so cute... and i would love to grow some veggies! that seems very home- like and fun!
i also really look forward to decorating OUR home... that sounds so wonderful! i think it will be so fun getting to paint rooms and buy decorations and put our touch of taste into a house! honestly i think i'm just ready to spend lazy nights with him and wake up with the realization that we are husband and wife! we have been together for so long... it just really hasn't hit me yet that we are actually getting married and our dreams are finally coming true! so grateful that i have such an amazing man like him in my life that takes such good care of me, cares about my well being, has my best interest in mind, and truly loves me unconditionally. to say the least... i am a very lucky girl :)
well sorry my thoughts are kinda all over the place today.. i just woke up with a lot of joy and the realization that i am truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for!
God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ash! Just wanted you to know I love reading your new blog. Reading about your days of engagement brings back so many memories of Randy & I. Once that big day is here, all the waiting and missing them will be worth it. Oh, and you are so on the right track - doing things you have time to now, learning to be a godly wife now, anticipating all the adventures that you and Reagan will have together in the years to come. Marriage is so wonderful, challenging, fun, hard, and worth it. Can't wait for you to be close again, we need to do a double date when you get back. Sorry for the long comment, probably should have emailed, but hey!

    Oh, one of our favorite hobbies is mountain biking (never thought I would like it, but I do!) and one of our favorite things to do go see matinees. :) luv ya!

    ReplyDelete