Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, July 28, 2009

home sweet home... at least for now.

so it has definitely been oh i would have to say about FOREVER since i have posted anything on here! life has been so crazy busy lately. summer is wrapping up... which makes me very sad... and i'm not so ready to be going back to school! oh well... the time has come i guess.. and i got a feeling that this coming year is going to be a great one!

so since i have been gone a lot has happened. i moved into my duplex in fort worth this past week.. i went up on Wednesday and came back today! so since i moved into my duplex that means i finally got to see reagan :) yippee!! i was so excited to see him and just spend time with him. this is only the second time i have seen him this summer... so it was definitely time for a visit! moving into my duplex took a good day and a half.. but with the help of my dad, my mom, reagan and jon.. we got everything cleaned out of my storage, sorted into things to keep and give away/ donate, and we got my room cleaned and decorated. if i must say so myself we were very productive. though, silly me.. i forgot to take pictures of my room... so those to come soon!

also while i was in fort worth, i went and watched reagan's little brother play in his all-star little league baseball games. his team had made it all the way to state undefeated.. but then got beat in the first two games they played.. so home they went.

also in fort worth.. i got to eat at my favorite little lunch place not once but TWICE.. McKinley's... mmmm good! hannah i am so sad you did not get to eat here.. or that i did not get to see you. both times i went there for lunch i thought of you and i and our special dates there every Friday. i love and miss you so so so so much and i really hope i can see you soon... i mean seriously i am becoming deprived!

now back in SA town... i have tons of doctors appointments to go to before i go back to fort worth for good. i also have a wedding cake tasting on Friday morning... i am so Excited!!! it should be so yum.. and i get to start designing my cake so that should be super fun too :)
while back home.. i am also getting my last mom/ daughter day... really kinda makes me sad. i have really enjoyed spending quality time with my mom and dad this summer. its going to be hard going back to school and not getting to see them everyday!

then... next Thursday i am heading back to Dallas... reagan is graduating from DBU on august 7th! so exciting :) i am so proud of him and his work ethic! he has done an amazing job in college and i can't wait to see what God has in store for him at seminary.

my current reading for the past couple of days has been 1 Corinthians.. i started with just Ch. 7 but i decided i am going to read the whole book... there is some good stuff in there... and after paul's sermon on Sunday at TCAL he really got me interested.
i am also reading another jodi picoult book... so good... its called salem falls.. very good book with a lot of twists.. i am very interested to see how it turns out!

oh and also.. praise the LORD i finally got to work out today.. after being in fort worth and so busy i didn't really have time... but i made time as soon as i got back home today i got my butty in the gym. man oh man did it feel good to sweat! i need to get refocused again.. not working out for 5 days straight was killer. i need to recollect and begin to tell myself again... wedding, wedding dress, honeymoon... you want to be in the best shape of your life. so there again is my motivation... its not really that i'm unmotivated... its just i need to get back into the swing of things and have a routine again... i can do this.. i know i can... just gotta stay focused!

well sorry this was the most random blog ever. just filling everyone in on why i haven't written in ages! off to read my book and then bedtime for me, and one busy day tomorrow!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment