Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, July 5, 2009

LaZy SunDaY...

church this morning was so wonderful. it was so nice to honor our country as a body of Christ and be grateful for all the men and women who fight to keep our country safe! one of the last songs we sang in church today was God of this city by Chris Tomlin and let me tell you that is one moving song!! being in the middle of my two brothers and listening them sing at the top of their lungs sent chills down my spine. no matter how awful the world may be or the choices that are being made... GOD is always in control and there are GREATER things to come! after church, it was just one of those days, where i would have liked to be doing something productive but i felt productive sitting out by the pool soaking in the vitamin D! i really did not have a lot to do on my "to do list" it was just i had more motivation to listen to the wind blow and the birds chirp then to get up and run my errands! i also thoroughly enjoyed the 2 HOUR conversation i had with my best friend... listening to her talk and tell stories and just laugh made me miss her so much... but made me so incredibly grateful that i have a best friend/sister like her!

so i am thinking that a project i am going to take on this coming week is painting bedroom furniture! i have never done this before... so it should be interesting! my great grandmother has this great white antique furniture that i want to paint black so that i can use it in my apartment and then reagan and i can use it when we get married. hannah has really inspired me to be crafty... it's working, just taking a lot of motivation on my part because i want it to be perfect... go figure that! also... i have really been in the mood lately for scrap booking. i know a girl who scrap booked the year of her engagement. her batchelorette party. her wedding. and their honeymoon! that sounds like so much... but also a lot of fun. :) i think it will be one of those things that will keep me busy but in the end i will be grateful i did it because i will always have the memories. so we shall see if i ever actually get around to doing this in the future! :D

a huge part of me is really ready to be back in dallas/ft. worth. i really miss all my friends.. and especially reagan! i am loving summer and wedding planning... but there is just something about dallas and being surrounded by the people who love you the most. if i could have the best of both worlds and be with my best friend, fiance, and my family in dallas that would be amazing! haha but in the real world i dont foresee that happening anytime soon! so i will continue to love the moments and memories i am making with my family this summer.. and continue to get as much wedding planning as i can get done!

things to look forward to: possibly getting to see reagan next weekend! he might be coming down.. and that would be AMAZING!! i am also trying to talk hannah into coming down to san antonio with ava so i can have some one on one time with them and spoil her like crazy... isn't that what "aunts" are for?! also... there might be a ruidosa trip in my near future.. and that could be fun! because the memories made there are always the best and lots of laughs!
so we shall see!! i am so blessed for the life i have... and the love that is poured into me from my friends and family :)

"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment