Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, March 8, 2012

Truth.

My God is always present.  He never leaves my side.  He walks with me daily.  He Loves me no matter what. He does not judge.  He knows my hearts desires even when I do not.  These are some of the things I love the most about my God.  Sometimes, it is hard for me to believe that even through all my sin, worry, and little faith at times God loves me no matter what... is that not an incredible thing?! Seriously, without God's Grace I do not know where I would be.

This morning, I was reading the Jesus Calling Devotional and this is what I read:
"I am constantly communicating with you. To find Me and hear My voice, you must seek Me above all else. When you are determined to get your own way, you blot Me out of your consciousness. Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with Me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on this pursuit, so that you can see it from My perspective. If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will help you reach it. If it is contrary to My will for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart. Seek Me first and foremost; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece." 


I definitely needed to read this entry this morning and be reminded of this Truth. God knows the plans for our lives better than we ever will. Trust and Obey Him.  That last sentence is sometimes so hard for me to do... TRUST and OBEY.  It is scary and full of risks, but I have to remind myself daily Jesus only wants what is best for me... that only brings happiness to my heart not fear. 
This devotion just brings me extreme peace and comfort. Especially with all the things I have been in prayer for in life lately.  I need to constantly remind myself that the Lord is always with me and desires only what is best for me. When I rest in that truth I feel that all the pieces of life will slowly fall into place.

"Thank you Lord for taking care of me daily and wanting what is best for me.  Help me to rely on You alone and listen and follow the plans You have for my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment