Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, March 25, 2012

Studying and a Spurs Date!

Studying never gets excitement at our house. EVER. Especially right now.  I have been studying diligently for my certification test on April 2nd (Dear Lord please let me pass!!!), and Reagan is stressed beyond the max trying to figure out how to write a paper for his Greek Seminary class that is 30% of his grade... YIKES!!!  As I type, he is sitting at the kitchen table in front of his computer yelling and pounding his fists because the seminary program for documentation is not working and part of his paper is due tomorrow.... procrastination at its finest! I would never make it in Seminary, the stress alone would kill me literally.  I just pray that Reagan's computer makes it till tomorrow because he is about to throw it out the window.  Everyone say a prayer for me Reagan.

So since there is no excitement when it comes to studying, there is definitely excitement when it comes to a Spurs game and spending time with my lovely dad and brothers!
On Sunday nights we usually have Couples Bible study, but since Reagan's stress is through the roof right now we opted out of Bible study tonight so he could solely focus on his paper and progress could be made.
Well, since I was diligent today with what I needed to get done (Studying and all) my dad called me and said that he had 4 tickets to the Spurs game and wanted to take me.  I was hesitant to go.  I knew Reagan needed moral support with his paper, a good home cooked dinner and I could have studied some more until my eyes popped out... but then one line my dad said was like a dagger to the heart.  When I was giving him all the reasons I shouldn't go he said, "Come on, it will be like old times! I am going to take you and your brothers and we will have a blast.  It will be fun!"  When he said those three little things I couldn't say no.  I love spending time with those sweet men.  So I decided to go, Reagan approved and everything else got put on hold for the night!
I had a wonderful evening with my dad and two brothers.  We had country music blasting the whole way there and lots of laughter.  We had a fabulous dinner, awesome seats, lots of loving on each other and we were making sweet memories along the way -- what could be better?! Nothing. Nothing at all.

I must say thank you to my husband for letting me go tonight and have fun while he studied.  I know he was jealous that I was cheering on our Spurs and he was screaming at a computer screen :)
I love my family. always have and always will. they are what makes life that much sweeter and I definitely do not know what I would do without them.  Thank you for a fabulous time tonight guys, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world to get to spend the night with three handsome men.

Without any further waiting... here are my top 2 pictures from the night.  So blessed to have the love of these men!!

The first man who stole my heart.  I will always have a special love and appreciation for my dad. Love him to the moon and back.  He is truly one of my best friends. 

What a cute family (me, my youngest brother- Peyton, my middle brother- Hunter, and our amazing Dad)... We missed you Mom! Thank you Dad for taking us all on such a wonderful and fun "date."  We love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our lives; you are such an inspiration and role model to us all! 

"Count your blessings each day and always love and cherish those you are with."

No comments:

Post a Comment