Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Sunday, March 11, 2012

Writing my Psalm.

Every Sunday night, Reagan and I attend a couple's bible study with people from our church (I need to get a pic of this sweet group soon).  Let me tell you something... the first night we came to this group, it felt like a fit.  The people are so genuine and welcoming and I feel like I have already made such great connections with some of the ladies (which makes me happy since I am looking/trying to make more deep relationships with women).  I love when you walk into a group and feel like you have known them for a long time... this is how this group feels! It definitely put my anxiety at rest a little and allowed me to breathe... finding a church and then finding a group that fits is a hard task, but I think we have accomplished what seemed "impossible" when we first moved here!! WOOHOO for Team Farish!

Anyways (I digress... just a little), each Sunday night we all eat dinner together as a group and then we get into our Bible study time and that is usually started with worship (to get our minds and hearts in the right place).  Though, tonight we were thrown a curveball... little Miss OCD/planner lady was a little worried and taken aback by this. Our leader had handed us a blank sheet of white paper... which made my anxiety rise just a little, I had no idea what he was going to make us do! He then told us that instead of singing we would be writing our own Psalm to the Lord and then sharing it with the group if we wanted to... sharing it with the group--Are you serious?!!  I was a little nervous and wondered what in the world I would write, but eventually the words came to mind (PTL).
Honestly, I loved being able to praise and thank God through my own words for all He has done.  Sometimes, I neglect just sitting and reflecting and letting God know how much He means to me.  This activity forced urged me to express my thoughts in a new way and I liked it!  It is so great to sing praises to God for all He has done and will do.

When it came to share time, I did not think anyone would share their Psalm that they wrote (well I take that back, I knew some people would share, like my sweet and talkative hubby) but almost everyone in our group shared.. even little old nervous me, which was so awesome!  I loved hearing everyone's praises and they were all written so well with the little time we had.  I think the best thing about this activity is that the words were genuine and from the heart, and lets be real -- that is all God wants!

So, all in all Bible study was a success tonight and I give great props to our leaders for coming up with this great opening activity.  It definitely set the mood for the rest of the night and I loved it. :)

My challenge to you (Fellow blog readers)... Write your own Psalm to God.  Express your love, gratitude and praises to Him.  It does not have to be anything elaborate... Jesus just wants to hear from you! In the end, I promise you will love it and the reflection/journaling time is good for the soul!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Oh, and have a wonderful Spring Break! Mine is filled with very minimal plans (relaxation is at the top of my list)... other than studying for my certification test that is.

Lord, thank you for the opportunity of being able to reflect and expose my heart and the thankfulness and love I have for You.  It was a wonderful way to end the weekend... praising Your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment