Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, November 15, 2010

decisions

I absolutely hate making decisions.  It is definitely a weakness of mine and I am fully aware of that.  I do not like change and I like to please everyone and with making decisions that does not always happen.
I am graduating in the spring and I need to figure out what I want to do with my life after school.  I just do not know!  All I know is that I want to make an impact with kids and families.  Whether that is working for an organization for children and families, teaching, or heck nursing (which yes that has crossed my mind to go back and finish--- though I am finding the likelihood of my hours transferring does not look very good).  I just do not know what would be best for me.  All I know is that staying up late is not a trait of mine-- so I am wondering if I really could attempt the whole nursing thing because night shifts are part of the job :( and quite honestly I am afraid to go back to the school of the nursing world and experience the same crazy emotions I did before that morphed me into someone who was so sad all the time and could not take the pressure of the job... I wish people would not have placed the idea in my mind of going back and finishing once I graduate! UGH... some people may be disappointed in the end when I make my decision... oh well, it is not about them... it is about me and what I believe God is telling me is best for my life!

All I can say is that I am definitely going to be in a lot of prayer... I mean like a whole lot.  I need direction and for once I need to feel confident about my decision, move forward, do not look back or question what if.  Because whether I want to face the facts that God is in control NOT ME and He already knows what is going to happen and where I will be.  So right now I need to stop acting like I have control of my life because I do not-- God does and deep down the peace that brings me knowing He has this divine and special plan for me makes my heart smile because in the end I know that means God will make it clear to me what is best.  So I need to take a deep breath and approach this situation through prayer and seeking guidance.

So, every time I even cross your mind-- pray for me.  Pray that I understand the direction God has for my life and I am obedient to where He is taking my life.  Scary... but I would rather God choose the path for me then have to make the decision myself!

"God help me to understand Your ways for my life, and through all things be grateful for the guidance you will provide me with."

No comments:

Post a Comment