Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

experiencing new things in marriage

we are finally home with our families and it is such a beautiful thing!  we have missed them so much and we are so grateful to be here... we were both very anxious on our car ride home last night.  though, driving home I was getting a little nervous-- let me explain.  so all the years Reagan and I dated we never spent the night at each others houses since we lived less than 5 minutes away from each other.  So driving home I knew that I would be staying at Reagan's house since his parents are hosting Thanksgiving and then we will stay at my parents house because they are hosting Christmas. I do not have any idea why I got nervous the closer we got to Reagan's house last night but I did.  It is just weird to me that now that we are married we get to stay with each other at the same house.  Last night we all kinda joked about it but I still thought I was the only one who thought it was kinda weird, because it was the first time.  Well this morning when we woke up and came downstairs his dad was already up.  He looked at us and smiled and told us he has experienced 2 weird things since we have been married.  When he came to visit us at our townhouse and when we waved goodbye to him at the door he thought to himself wow all these years and they are finally married!  This morning he told us when y'all came downstairs this morning I had to do a double take and then remind myself that y'all were married and it was ok y'all came down together!  Haha I had to laugh inside because at least I was not the only one who thought it was crazy that we were finally married and getting to do married things!

Just thought I would leave y'all with this because I thought it was funny and so our family!  Love being home for the first time as a married couple... always about experiencing new things... so wonderful!

Have a wonderful and restful thanksgiving with your families!

"Grateful for the moments that stop and make me laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment