Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

hello again

So I apologize for not blogging in forever... a lot has been going on.

School has been super busy, and I am getting ready to enroll for my last Semester of college classes--- holy moly graduation is approaching!
I am looking forward to walking the stage, what an accomplishment that will be!
I have started browsing jobs and there are some great possibilities in store.  I am continuing to let God guide me in this area-- by showing what doors need to stay open and what others need to close.  It gives me great peace that God knows what is going to be the perfect thing for me even when I do not.

Reagan has been super busy with Carmax and growing the youth group at TCAL.  It still feels like the days go by way too fast and we do not get to spend as much time with each other as we would like.  With that being said, we are both ready for a little break so that we can devote some much needed time to each other.

We are looking forward to going to San Antonio for Thanksgiving with our parents.  This will be the first time that we are going home as a MARRIED couple--- so crazy!
For Christmas we have been given the incredible opportunity to go and visit Reagan's mom, step dad, and sisters in Nebraska.  We will be there for a week and will fly back to San Antonio Christmas Eve morning so that we can spend Christmas with my parents and Reagan's dad and step mom and brothers.  I am very excited to go to Nebraska with my hubby, it will be my first white Christmas.  I
hope I can stand the freezing cold weather!

On a happy and sad note... this past Friday Reagan and I got the cutest little puppy ever.  I had been wanting one for some time and Reagan and I both love dogs, so he finally gave in.  Though, within a couple of days deep down we knew we did not have enough time to train Little Miss Sadye and give her the time she needed as a puppy.  Also, the downside to the issue was that at our townhouse there is no backyard so she was pinned up inside all day and we hated that for her!  So we placed an Ad on Craigslist last night, and a sweet family responded back.  A family that has a backyard, time to be with Sadye during the day, and a sweet 2 year old little girl that wanted a puppy more than ever.  So knowing we had to do what was best for Sadye, we drove her to this sweet Christian family tonight.  All the way there we cried because we hated to see Sadye go- but we knew this was best for her and us.  Dropping her off to the family was one of the hardest things I think we have ever had to do, but in our hearts we both felt good about it because the family instantly started loving on her and we knew it would be a great place for Sadye.  Little Sadye will definitely be missed by us, but Reagan and I came to an agreement that right now in our lives we are too busy for a dog and need more time and a backyard---so as soon as we get a house (whenever that may be) we will begin to consider getting a dog again and really evaluate our living situation and lives.  We love you Sadye girl and you are definitely missed but our sweet family picture with you will always stay in its frame (picture to come soon--- seriously she was so stinkin adorable!)

Well I think that is about all that life has thrown at us lately.  I am exhausted and emotionally drained... time for sleep!

"God give me the strength to walk with you and allow You to lead my life every step of the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment