Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a door closing

Well this week has definitely been very busy and exhausting.  I have been seeking wisdom and searching for answers and I think a door is on its way to closing. I found out this week that all the work I put into nursing school early on in my college career would not benefit me at all if I were to try another university... I would have to start all over.  I am so sorry, but that does not sound like a wonderful option.  I would have to be in school for possibly another 2-4 years and my mind cannot take that... I need a mental break.  Also, talking with my parents the cost would be expensive and not something Reagan and I had budgeted for.  My parents said they would help, but when I searched deep within I could not find a reason I wanted to go back to nursing school other than people telling me it was an idea to consider.  Like I said before I need to stop worrying about other people want me to do and do what I feel God is telling me to do.  So with nothing really working out for the nursing thing, I do believe God is shutting the door.  It feels good, and I feel good about it... I feel like I can finally breathe, move forward and stop asking what if.

With that door shutting, God has still placed on my heart the possible job at Gladney Adoption Agency and teaching elementary school... two things that definitely make my heart smile.  I would absolutely love either option and I am ready to see what direction God will lead me in.  I am also looking into subbing for the elementary schools in our district next semester and I am so excited about that opportunity! I will continue praying for God's direction and for a feeling of peace.

Also, I sign up for my last semester of classes tonight... WOAH!  Things are coming to an end and life is about to change and for once I am not fearful of this change, I am ready to embrace whatever God is going to bring my way.

I cannot wait for next Wednesday to be here... we will be leaving to go and see family for Thanksgiving and we are so excited!  It has been since the wedding that we have seen all our family all together.  It will be a wonderful time to spend with are family and reflect on all the things we have to be grateful for. 

"God's perfect timing for our life is all we can ever ask for."

No comments:

Post a Comment