Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, January 29, 2011

Challenging myself

So yesterday, a sweet friend treated me to a pedicure.  I was amazed but yet so grateful... she said it was for all the help I had been with her 2 sweet girls, and I told her she did not owe me a thing and that I loved to do it but she insisted.  The pedicures were wonderful and both the little girls went with us.  Her oldest daughter who is 2 sat in my lap and absolutely loved getting her toes painted.  It was the cutest thing ever and it made me want to have a little girl one day so bad so that I can do fun things like that with her.  Her other little girl just slept in her carseat and was an angel like usual!  So grateful for such a wonderful friend, it was so nice to be loved on yesterday.

So I am challenging myself for the next 6 weeks.  The same sweet friend I talked about above is doing a weight loss challenge with people in our church and other friends she has from other places.  I was very weary to say that I wanted to be a part with my past weight issues and body images, but deep down I knew this would be good for me because I would have people who knew my story keeping me accountable and loving me through the hard days.  So, for the next 6 weeks it is no sweets or fried food for me... which shouldn't be too hard since these are not the things I crave on a regular basis.  I have also decided at least once a week I am going to treat myself to frozen yogurt with fruit on top since she said that didn't count as a cheat, and one of the sweet pastors at our church just opened up a frozen yogurt shop right across the street from where we live!
A part of me is nervous for this challenge.  In a way I feel like this could be good for me because it will allow me to let go of my past and help me to see I do not have to be controlled by my body image... or at least that is what I am hoping this challenge will help me do.  Also, for the first time today I had to purchase a scale because we weigh in every week.  I think this is the thing I am most nervous about... I have never gotten a scale because I did not want to focus in so hard on what the number said and become discouraged with myself.  Though, I am hoping with all the exercising I have been doing I can look at the scale and smile and be satisfied with myself.  So, my prayer through these next 6 weeks is that I do not let Satan into this situation and tempt me with my body image.I want to do this solely to become more healthy and to finally feel content with the person God has made me to be.  So prayers are much needed as I begin this journey tomorrow!

Well I am off to fold laundry, and start some homework.  I spent all morning cleaning the townhouse, which wasn't the best way to start off my Saturday morning but it definitely needed to be done!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and enjoy the beautiful weather outside!!!

"God, allow me to enter into this challenge with a pure mind and a heart that strives to understand the woman you have molded me to be."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Missy!! So glad I finally found your blog! I am glad you are going to do the challenge, I think it will be good for you in a way that is NOT about physical things!!! See you in the morning girl. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, my friend! I'm also trying to revamp my body image. I'm doing a lot of running and eating good foods. Yay for changing our viewpoints! <3

    ReplyDelete