Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my last semester of college... really?!

My last semester of college has begun and I cannot believe the day is finally here! It feels so surreal to me, but in 18 weeks I will be graduating! That sounds like a long time when I say it, but really that is not long at all... and then it is off to the real world for me, holy moly!

Last night in my professional development class for child development majors my professor gave us an assignment to outline our career goals and how we will achieve them and where we ultimately want to be. Well today I started working on mine and all I could write down for the center as my main cause was to change the lives of children and families... that is my ultimate goal in life but I am not sure how I am going to do that exactly. I hope and pray my first job out of school is with Gladney Adoption agency working with amazing Christian people, but I just do not know. What I do know is that I want to love on kids like no has before and show them the love of God. SO, whether that is through an adoption agency, a children's organization or charity, a children's hospital or teaching school I want to pour my love and passion into children.

Tonight in night class we watched a video clip of how children's lives have been changed over the years at the TCU Hope Connection Camp (this is a camp for at risk kids). It was amazing to watch and brought tears to my eyes to see what God did in the lives of those children and how they were a completely different child. I want to make those kind of impacts, where the child is changed because I came in contact with them.
So Lord, that is my goal-- I want to impact the lives of little children and love on them how you loved all the little children. So please make paths for me to follow so that I can fulfill my goal to live and honor your passion for my life.

That's about all that is on my mind tonight, it has been a long day, I am sleepy,and reality has hit that this is it, the end of college is near--- watch out world, here I come!

"Jesus loved the little children, all the children of the world..."

No comments:

Post a Comment