Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just Keep Swimming...

So... I must say that applying for jobs is super frustrating (and a journey in and of itself)-- I bet so many friends are getting tired of reading about my journey of searching for a job--- but honestly people this is REAL life and it is really stressing me out!! It is very hard for me at times to be patient for things that I really want.  Over the past couple of weeks I have applied to some incredible jobs working with children (some that I would be thrilled to have if the opportunity presents itself)... though, here is the difficult thing... WAITING!  It is killing me to wait and hear back from these companies as to if they would like to interview me or not, if I meet their criteria and so on!  I just would love for a company to look at my resume (see that I am qualified) and say YOU'RE HIRED!! I will keep dreaming my crazy dream as I wait for this dream to become a true reality! LOL

Talking to my mom on the phone today, she had some very good wisdom for me. She told me that I needed to be patient and wait on the Lord because He has perfect timing for my life.  So hard but yet so true.  She also said... just food for thought... maybe God knew you needed a break right now before you get into the real world since you killed yourself (stress wise and being so busy) when you were in school.  I thought about this comment for a long time-- and quite frankly she could be right.  I honestly have no idea what to do with myself now that I am out of college and my every waking move is not planned out by the second (fault of the OCD planner/TYPE A personality in me).  So I am really praying that God will give me an extra measure of patience, a peace of mind and heart, and true relaxation (where I do not feel like I should be doing something).  So badly I want to work so that I can feel useful... but honestly God is going to use me in every season of my life and He is somehow using me in this season in crazy ways I do not understand.

So... as I sit here tonight... I must continue to WAIT... WAIT on GOD'S perfect timing for my life--- because honestly until His plan is ready that is when things will begin to fall into place and make perfect sense ( I am waiting for that day and will rejoice to the mountain tops when it comes!)  So all I can do now is find rest in my Father and that He will take care of all my needs (those I know of and do not know of).  But, I can also do my part here on Earth and continue to apply for jobs and pray that God opens the door to one of the many places I have applied to and will apply to.  My God is a great big God and I know He has incredible plans for me... I just need to have PATIENCE and a humble heart willing to follow wherever God's plans for my life take me!

So I will continue to "swim" (more like flail about) in this crazy season with a smile on my face and the love of Jesus in my heart... there is NoThInG for me to fear when my God is in control of my life (Thank you JESUS!)

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and has a wonderful Sunday celebrating all that God has done for them!


Jeremiah 29:11 --"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord... to give you a future and a hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment