Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Monday, May 2, 2011

Just ONE more :)

I am relieved to say, I just have one more final left tomorrow at 8am (bright and early... blah)!!  Though, tonight at the Farish house, it is going to be a busy night of studying.  I have a lot more studying to do (since I had a huge final today that needed my attention... thank goodness that is over) and Reagan will not get home until after 9pm from work and he will need to continue studying for his BIG Greek exam that is tomorrow.  So, to say the least lift us BOTH up in prayer tonight and tomorrow as you think about us... we have a lot to accomplish tomorrow and our prayer is that we Kick Butty on our exams.

I cannot believe tomorrow is my last day of college as an undergraduate student... it just does not seem real! These last 4 years have gone by so fast, with a lot of trials and triumphs I have had to go through.  Though, God taught me a lot during this period of life and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for the next chapter of of my life and our lives as a married couple!  Though, I will let you in on something kinda funny.  I told Reagan the other night that I wanted to be an over achiever and go to grad school right now.  His response, "Heck no... you need a break from school... you are not a very nice person when you have stress from school."  At first I did not know what to say, but then I had to laugh because he is so right-- school stresses me out... but who knows one day Grad school just may be in the cards; will need to keep praying about that one :)

The other night, I must admit...I told Reagan I felt like I had not accomplished enough (Yes, I know these are Satan thoughts... but let me explain).  I felt this way because I have been applying to jobs like crazy, gotten some good feedback but have not gotten a job offer yet... I feel kinda crappy about it because a lot of my other friends have accepted offers to jobs.  Though, Reagan told me that I needed to remind myself that it was all in God's timing, not my own... which is so true, and that Graduating from college is a HUGE accomplish in itself.  I know he is so right about both these things, but I would just love if God would open a door wide and say, "Here ya go... the PERFECT job for you my princess!" But, that has not happened and I am still patiently waiting.  I know God is working through this situation because He closed the door to Gladney because He knew it was not right for me... so I just wish God would give me a little insight on what the next stepping stone is.  So, I will remain being faithful and giving this situation to Him because I know He has it all worked out and when all things align up perfect to His plan everything will fall into place... as of right now that has not happened yet; so I will continue to be in prayer and I would love if y'all would pray on my behalf that I am fully in-tune to what God needs me to do with my life to honor Him through my work (Yes this is hard for me... I am type A personality/planner and I want to know these things, but God definitely has an awesome reason as to why I do not know yet, and since He is in control of this Great situation I am okay with not knowing-- crazy I know but I know it will all work out because my Jesus is for me not against me)!!

Well, marriage and family study stuff is calling my name.  My prayer is that I can at least get enough sleep tonight that I can function in the morning enough for the test and then I can come home and crash ;)  WOW... LAST NIGHT TO STUDY... seems so UNREAL!! I have been waiting for this day for so long; here goes to putting all my best effort I have left into this test! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and stays warm since it's May 2nd and COLD outside... Crazy Texas weather!

Jeremiah 33:3 --"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

No comments:

Post a Comment