Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, May 14, 2011

TCU Alum!

After almost a week I still cannot believe I am a graduate of Texas Christian University... these past 4 years flew by!!  I can definitely say there were moments I wanted to give up, but the prayers of friends and family is what helped me get through... prayer truly is a powerful thing!

My experience at TCU was an incredible one.  My freshman year, I met my best friend, Hannah and even though we did not get to walk the stage together and she lives in another city (I thought of her the entire time during graduation... I secretly wanted her there with me!) we have remained the best of friends and have gone through some pretty incredible seasons of life together... her wedding, the birth of her daughter, my wedding-- I know God has so much more in store for our friendship and I cannot wait!

My sophomore year, once Hannah moved away I got to room with three incredible girls (Jillian, Katelyn and Lindsey).  Living with these ladies was never a dull moment and they brought me a lot of laughter.  We experienced a lot together (my engagement and lots of wedding planning) and since one year of living together was just not enough... we moved into the DUPE together our junior year.  Wow... the dupe... I do miss that place. So many great memories were made there. It is wonderful being married but some days I do miss the craziness and laughter the dupe contained!

My senior year is one I will never forget.  I got married before my senior year to my best friend.  That summer we also moved into our first little home (the townhouse) and started making things our own.  I took 18 hours of classes my first fall semester of being married... at times I thought I was going to die but my sweet hubby supported me and we made it through.  My final semester in college God really taught me a lot... how to love more, that trials (good and bad) will come my way, and that life is never perfect but be thankful for the things you do have.  I loved being married to my hubby my last year of college and I would not have it any other way... he really grounded me and taught me not to stress so much (do not fool yourself... I definitely stressed!)  It was just so wonderful to have him by my side as my personal cheerleader as we went through all of life's ups and downs together!

Now, here I am graduated from college... applying for jobs out in the real world; praying each day that God will give me a clearer direction for my life.  Through it all, I know God has an incredible plan in store for me and I must wait on Him and His perfect timing!!!

Thank you mom and dad for supporting me in this journey-- I could not have done it without y'all!

I have been on such an incredible journey over these past four years... one that is so incredibly special to me and the memories I made I will hold close to my heart!

Here are some wonderful pictures that were captured graduation day/night to help me remember my special day!

I am a TCU ALUM... Class of 2011!!! WOOHOO!!!

My Sweet and Loving Hubby--- Thank you for all the love and support you have given me!

Love him so so incredibly much!

My parents... Do not know what I would do without their love and support!

My sweet In-laws... thank you for all your love and support (and for driving all the way to Dallas-- Just for me!)  :)

My second momma (aka my mom's best friend) do not know what I would do without her in my life! Love you so much Kim!! :)


"Life is a journey... starting at forever and ending at never!"

No comments:

Post a Comment