Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summertime = Hobbies :)

Since summer time is here I am always looking for new hobbies and doing hobbies that I have always loved.  This summer I really want to learn how to paint furniture so that I can have some fun decorative pieces in our house-- I have seen so many cool blogs where people find things at goodwill centers, garage sells, etc. and then they turn them into shabby chic pieces... I love that look and definitely want to learn how to do this (and you get really cool pieces for half the price)!!

Also, this summer I really want to scrapbook our wedding and honeymoon.  I have always had a love for scrapbooking-- it just takes so much time!  Though, I would love to do this so that we have something to look back on and show our kids one day!

I also want to volunteer this summer (if I do not yet have a full time job-- though I still think I would make time to volunteer even if I do have a full time job).  I would love to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House or the local Children's Hospital so that I can do something great and rewarding with my time.  I just love to love on children and families so I feel that this would be a really great way to do this!

I also want to take a lot of time this summer and really buckle down and get into a routine of working out.   With this last semester being so crazy, I missed being at the gym as much as I would have liked to. So, this summer I am going to take time for myself at the gym and take some new classes I have never done before.. should be fun :)

Though, my most favorite thing I think I will do this summer is read all the great books I have been wanting to read for some time now.  I love to read and cannot wait to take time to myself so that I can relax and catch up on things I love to do!

Even though I have all these hobbies that I want to do I also want to spend a lot more time with my hubby.  It has been a crazy last 6 months and we just need some quality TLC time.  So I am looking forward to this summer when things slow down just a little bit and we will actually have time to go on dates and do things together.
Oh and visiting family and friends this summer is a must... I absolutely miss them to pieces and need more family time :)

I would love to hear what other people like to do in the summer time and what awesome hobbies they have... I am always looking for new and creative things to do!


"A life without love is like a year without summer."--Swedish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment