Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Saturday, August 21, 2010

I LOVE getting Ready for School

So I am not super excited about going back to school--- that means quizzes, tests, projects and papers.  None of that sounds fun at all.  Though, I am ready to be back on TCU campus, see all my friends, have lunch dates with lovely people, and experience my last year of college.  Holy moly... my LAST year.  These past four years have gone by way too fast and some pretty incredible changes have occurred over these fours years that have definitely made me a stronger person. 

I am ready for this year and most of all I love getting ready for the school year.  I love buying things for school like folders and notebooks--- I have no idea why but I love getting these things and then getting them all organized.  I love getting my agenda ready and organized, I know I am a dork and sadly my backpack is all ready to go for the first day of class on Monday.  I guess this is the planner part of my personality but if I do not have these things done ahead of time it puts me in a funky attitude and I just feel so unorganized.  Even more crazy, I already had a reading assignment to do for one of my classes on Tuesday.  I read the chapter today and it seems like the class is going to be really interesting, so I am excited to see how the teacher will conduct the class!  Yes I already read the chapter, do not make fun of me--- I like getting ahead!

Things that scare me/ make me nervous about my senior year:

1)I am a married woman now and that means I have to balance my time even better than before.  Luckily, my best friend Hannah has told me I will get used to it and get into a routine and it will all be ok.  She has been married for almost two years (October 25th will be their 2 year anniversary).  Not only has she been a wife, but also a mother to Ava and is in nursing school.  If she can do it all hopefully I can too!  Thankfully I believe her and know sooner or later I will get down a schedule that works for Reagan and I.  Seriously I don't know what I would do without Hannah and her awesome advice!  I guess I am not really scared about this-- just more aware that I need to manage my time the best I can.
2)I have to take 18 hours again this semester because my July summer school class got cancelled.  I am trying not to get too stressed about this and my classes seem to be really interesting this semester.  I am also trying to remind myself that I took 18 hours last Spring and I made my best GPA ever!  I have to keep telling myself take one day at a time and God will carry me through!
3)I have to commute to school.  It is only a 15-20 minute commute which is really nothing compared to what some people have to drive, but the one problem for me is I hate being LATE!  I also HATE finding parking at TCU for commuters--- it is ridiculous!  I know after the first week I will have a schedule down as to when I need to leave, but lets just say I hate unknowns and traffic is definitely an unknown.  Luckily Reagan has assured me that the times I have to go to class there is never traffic.... Lets hope he is right!
4)I am going to be in the real world in One year.  WOAH!  I am definitely ready to see how God is going to use me in my major and what my first job will be.  I have made some awesome connections with people this summer and look forward to seeing the job opportunities those connections will present me with.  I am also highly considering getting my online teaching certificate in the spring.  I have learned I have a passion for teaching children and loving on them and I would really love to teach once Reagan and I want to start having kids (which is no time soon) but I would love to have this certificate as a "fall back plan" even though deep down inside I would love having my own classroom and my own students!  It will be interesting to see what God has in store.

I am definitely ready to embrace this year.  I feel that God is going to teach me so many new things and grow me in so many different ways.  I am ready for the life challenges I know will occur.

I am ready to begin my last year in college, I never thought I would be ready but I am--- Thank you God for walking by my side these past three years.  I know you will be with me each step of the way this year and for that I am so grateful!

Today I will leave you with this picture of me and my best friend Hannah.  This was our Freshman Year at TCU.  We were roommates--- and because of our freshman year we became life long friends.  This picture is from an event our dorm, Colby Hall put on.  It was called Splatter Beat and it was a blast--- we were covered in paint from head to toe!  I will never forget memories like this.  Even though Freshman Year seems so long ago I will always cherish moments like these with the people I love the most! :)


"Beginning a new chapter in your life can be a scary thing--- allow yourself to be carried through by God."

No comments:

Post a Comment