Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Friday, August 27, 2010

My LAST first week of College---DONE!

So the first week is over, thank the Lord I have Friday's off!  I have definitely needed today to regroup, get homework and readings done, clean up the house, do laundry and plan the meals for next week!  I seriously do not know what I would do without a day off.

The first week of class went ok.  It is definitely going to be a crazy semester with 18 hours but I really think I am going to like all of my classes.  I had to drop my Tuesday night class because the professor was not very nice and I could tell we were not going to get along very well, so luckily I was able to get in the Monday night class I have been wanting to get into!  WOOHOO!

So, Reagan now has to do dinner for himself on Monday's and Wednesday's which won't be too bad!  Tuesday nights we will both be home together and Thursday's my sweet hubby has declared as our date night since he is now the FCA Chaplain for Timberview High school and will be gone for the next two months on Friday nights for football games... if they are home games I should be able to go with him but away games I have to stay home.  I am going to be honest, when I first learned about all this was going to entail I got a little upset because I felt like we were both just too busy and would not have time for each other but my husband seems to have it all worked out to where we have a night by ourselves and he is helping me around the house with stuff since I am so busy with school so that is definitely a blessing!

Also, I got a text from Reagan about an hour ago and today he started selling cars at Carmax.  He texted me to tell me that he had sold his first car today and the person also purchased a warranty package!  I was so proud of him and you could definitely tell he was pumped!  He is such a good salesman :)

This weekend has already been off to a good start!  Last night we celebrated our friends Karlie and Jace who just got engaged last night.  She was completely surprised and did not even expect it!  We met up with them at the Melting Pot for dessert and to celebrate... so delicious!

Today, I had lunch with one of my sweet TCU friends Megan!  She just got engaged last Saturday night so we had lunch to catch up, hear about the proposal and talk wedding stuff!  It was so much fun and such a blessing to see her and celebrate with her in this special time of her life.  She did such an awesome job being a bridesmaid for me and celebrating my special moment in life so I hope I can do just a good a job as she has done for me!  Love you sweet girl!!

Today I have also spent a lot of time on the phone with my best friend Hannah.  I miss her so much and I just miss getting to see her and her beautiful family and watching little Ava grow up.  I had a dream the other night that our families finally lived close to each other and it was the best thing ever.  I am so blessed to have her because she is my person that I can talk about "anything and everything" with!!  I love our talks--- and hours can go by and we are still talking away on the phone.  Love you so much Hannah and thank you for everything!

Well off to studying and reading I go!  I have quite the load to do today... UGH!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

"Perseverance-- the greater the obstacle the more glory you will have in overcoming it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment