Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just One of Those Days

So my alarm clock went off at 7:25 this morning-- definitely not a good start to the day.  I am a morning person-- once I get up and get into my routine but I do not like getting up that early on a summer day!!!
I had to be walking out my door at 8:25 this morning to drive 30 minutes to get to the mechanic so that he could take a look at my explorer-- or as Reagan would say "OUR" explorer.  I arrived at the shop at 9:00am.  My oil needed to be changed, something was wrong with my breaks, and my dash/stereo has been having issues. The mechanic said it would be a while, just my luck!  Reagan is out on work and could not come and get me so luckily a friend was able to swing by and come get me so that I did not have to sit there all day-- thank the Lord!

The mechanic changed my oil, fixed my front breaks, but could not fix my radio-- everything seemed to be connected fine-- so frustrating!  So, he sends me to Car Toys to see if they can figure out what is wrong.  By this time I am just now leaving the mechanics at 1:00 pm, it has already been a long morning.  I begin to make my 20 minute drive to Car Toys-- once I got there I could tell they were busy.  I kept thinking in my head this is not going to be good.  When they finally got my car in to look at it they could not figure out what was wrong.  In the end they decided that some piece was broken and they need to order a whole new one, so I have to go back Saturday morning for them to install it since they were missing one of the two pieces they needed to hopefully make my car work!

It is days like today that I am so grateful I have an awesome dad who took care of most of this stuff when I was in high school and some of college and that I have an incredible husband who when he has the time does all the car stuff because it is just so darn frustrating for me!  I just feel like every time I walk into a car place and they see that I am a girl they kinda just laugh inside--- I could be totally wrong about this statement but one thing I do know is that I feel totally out of place at car places.

All I can say is that after a day like today pure exhaustion has set in... from driving multiple places to get my car fixed to trying to understand everything they were fixing on my car was enough to make my head spin!

I need a relaxing night and I have no clue what is for dinner--- haha leftovers may be on the menu for tonight!

"Fact of the Day: Life is crazy and there is nothing you can do to change that!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh hugs Ashley....don't we wish we were kids again so all we had to worry about is what mom was cooking for dinner and to be in before the street lights came on?

    ReplyDelete