Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."



Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life has been busy...

So it has been a while since I have blogged and I apologize for that, life has been crazy around the Farish House!

Last weekend we lead a DNOW for ARBC church in Garland Texas. Reagan and I had 11th grade girls and boys.  It was awesome to get to connect with those students and teach them about God's love.  One of Reagan's guys accepted Christ and that was a huge WIN that the whole group got to celebrate!

Since getting back home from that DNOW we have been busy getting ready for school.  Reagan is taking one online class at the seminary and I am in my Senior year at TCU and I will be taking 18 hours this semester since my July summer school class got cancelled!  So to say the least our house is going to be crazy busy this Fall!

Reagan is enjoying working part-time for Carmax and is loving being the Youth Leader at our church TCAL.  We are both very excited for the changes that occurring in the youth group and the new direction that the youth group is headed for the Fall--- the students our super pumped about meeting in home groups so it should be incredible watching them grow!

I am loving working with the Pre-K at church and loving on them-- they are so cute and so sweet!  I currently just became the Intern for our church for Pre-K and Babyridge, so I am excited to see how God is going to use me in those areas.

Reagan and I are not very excited to start school but I am so grateful this is my last year at TCU!  I am ready to get into the real world and help kids and families.  I am just so open to see how God is going to use me with my major in a job setting.

On a not so happy note, I somehow hurt my back on Saturday night and had to go to the chiropractor yesterday.  I had never been to the chiropractor so I was a little nervous and scared--- but I trusted the guy I went to, he is the chiropractor Reagan used to work for.  He was so incredibly nice yesterday.  He took a lot of X-rays of my back and we have to go back today at 3pm to talk about what he saw on the X-rays and how he can get my back better.  So be in prayer that God gives him the wisdom to help me.

Reagan is also off of work today since his mentor is not working today so it is very nice to have him home and to be able to hang out together.  We are loving married life and the time we are getting to spend together!  We are so looking forward to growing together as a married couple this fall and cannot wait to see how God will use us to further His kingdom!


This picture is from the DNOW we lead.  It was a super hero theme so Reagan made our costumes because I did not have time to.  He came up with SuperDude and SuperChick--- pretty creative!  He got us capes and everything!  Gosh my husband is super creative and so incredibly awesome! :)


"Today is a new day, so Embrace the Life God has Given You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment